Tuesday Dinner March 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bangers and Mash (the caramelizing onions smell sooo good), homemade soda bread, and a guiness cake for dessert.

Tonight we shall feast!

We are having grilled Reuben's using thin sliced deli corned beef. I must say I liked the looks of some juicy braised corned beef pics I saw here recent. Maybe the grocer's will put some corn beef on sale this week.

I have two corn beefs in the freezer. But I am having a Porter House Steak tonight with two veggies. :angel:

Irish Stew (Chuck roast, parsnips, carrots, onions, garlic, seasonings) and low and slow baking (325F. for 2-1/2 hours)! Very flavorful, very tender and reduced starch. I had fun making it, and had wonderful aromas drifting through the house most of the day.

Grilled chicken club sammiches with extra bacon just because, and salad here tonight.

Spicy pork and cashew stir fry, with basmati rice. Oh no, we're in trouble, this is the third meal in a row that we have had rice!:ohmy::rolleyes:

I only made the grapefruit and beet salad last night, so tonight I made the tofu. It was delish! I marinated the tofu for about 20 minutes and then tossed it in panko, pan fried it. For the marinate I used srirachi, garlic, fresh and lime and lemon juice, honey, fresh cilantro, and kefir lime leaves. I dressed the tofu with some of the marinade, grated lime and lemon zest, chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro. I am not a big tofu fan, but this worked for me. Not quite exactly what the blogger did, but it worked for me.

This was my inspiration. Wish I could figure out what I did to my digital camera--can't get the photos I've taken of the bagels or this to upload.

http://iamafoodblog.com/crispy-sriracha-honey-lime-tofu-recipe/

Last edited:
Corned beef and cabbage here!
img_1413769_0_b497857cf22e9fe3326160f607f89fc4.gif

Saint Patrick

We took a boat to Inchagoill Island in Loch Carrib in Ireland. We were surprised to find it held the 5th century monastery of St. Patrick.
The graveyard in the foreground had a stone in their commemorating the death of his navigator.

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpg
    IMG_4241.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 168
Shepherd's Pie here tonight

I'm fixing up a home made Shepherd's Pie tonight with ground beef, carrots, peas, onion and mashed potato top crust and a home made pastry bottom pie crust.

I know that most people would call this a cottage pie, but I've been told by my Irish family members that beef is a reasonable substitution in the USA. :chef:

Randy's got a couple of Guinness Black Lagers in the fridge for himself and 1 Harp Lager chillin for me. I'm hungry already and it won't be ready until after 8!:ohmy:

Beef ribs braised in Guinness and a shot of Bushmills; roasted red potatoes with cabbage and a few brussels sprouts mixed in. Saving my energy to do some colcannon and corned beef this weekend.

Going against the tide here - nothing Irish. Instead, we had some of last night's chicken, finishing the veggies.

I think this may be a chicken that keeps on giving, as there is enough for a large pan of chicken enchiladas. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom