Tuesday dinner plans, 1/29/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
It's 30º right now. Thinking I'll clean out the fireplace today and pack it in for tonight for when the man gets home.
Dinner was very good last night although I had to jump in sans the man in my life. He didn't get home until the roosters started in + I had to eat before going to bed, I was pooped, he was socked in at work. I left a plate out for him, and see now, it's not on the long bar anymore. To the mousse, I added about 1/3 cup creamy Canandian peanut butter during the mixing process, just because it sounded like it'd be good. I figured if it didn't work, I had two other packages in the kitchen store to fall back on. It was so good, glad I took the initiative.
Tonight's meal will equal reruns. I have southwest chicken tortilla soup, and some green chili chicken enchilada's, plus home made white northern beans seasoned in smoky bacon with onions and garlic. Between those, dinner will be served. Gotta keep the reruns to a minimum. It takes up too much room in the frig/freezer.
So what's on your table tonight?

Happy Tuesday to you all..................

Getting colder by the minute.... soup day.
Cream of Potato Soup and a salad with alot of red and green peppers I need to use up.

Your mousse sounds to-die-for, Lefse!

It's Steak House style dinner for us tonight. I'm making NY Strips with sauteed onions & mushrooms, oven french fries, creamed spinach and rolls with butter.

well no Salad for me tonight (that will be 2moro) so we`re having boneless pork chops, spring greens (I think some call it Collard) and boiled spuds with plenty gravy.

To the mousse, I added about 1/3 cup creamy Canandian peanut butter during the mixing process, just because it sounded like it'd be good.

Okay, Lefse, I know Canadian "bacon", and that there is real difference between Canadian and American cream cheese, but Canadian Peanut butter? I am very curious.

As for dinner, not sure how many I am have tonight (one border is going to the hockey game and I don't know yet wether or not DH is working). Also, I have to wait for doctor's report on my leg (though with a rough night last night I have a feeling it won't be good). All yours so far sound great. Can you air courier me some? :LOL:

Lefse, I haven't forgotten your recipes, they are all ready to go; however, I am only allowed at the computer for a few minutes at a time so I will get them up when I can.

Last edited:
Tonight we'll have sauteed boneless pork loin chops with pears and lemon-vodka sauce, buttered baby lima beans and homemade pickled beets. Some of Sunday's cake for dessert.

Not a soup day here. The temp's in the mid 50s F, but it's very, very windy. The weather service has issued a wind advisory for the day. I would've sworn I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by my window a little while ago.:ohmy:

I would've sworn I saw Dorothy and Toto fly by my window a little while ago.:ohmy:

sorry about that, it was me, the Wicked Witch of the West gave me permission to test my new compressed air Cannon, she figured they would be suitable.

My Bad :blush:

Wow Katie E - that lemon-vodka sauce sounds good - how do you make it? Too hot here for cooking too long so it's grilled Thai garlic and coriander chicken and a Thai veg noodle salad.

Okay, when I posted earlier I hadn't looked outside at the 8 inches of snow. Border #1 just came home because school was closed (I know some of you are laughing but here 8 inches stops EVERYTHING!!!!). So no doctor's appointment so I am stuck lying in bed another day. At least DH is going to leave the laptop for me today so I will be able to be online all day.

I have some lentil soup in the freezer which will be supper for whoever shows up.

I am moving to the couch and getting someone to get the fireplace going for me.

Wow Katie E - that lemon-vodka sauce sounds good - how do you make it? Too hot here for cooking too long so it's grilled Thai garlic and coriander chicken and a Thai veg noodle salad.

Actually pretty easy. Just put a little olive oil in a skillet and brown the chops a few minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and two Anjou pears (peeled, cored and halved) cut-side down and cook until golden, just a couple of minutes per side. Add about 1/4 cup vodka, loosen the fond in the pan. Add a bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper, a couple teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind, about a tablespoon each fresh lemon juice and fresh chopped chives. Stir all together until nice and hot. Serve over pork chops. Enjoy!

Tonight I am making spicy panko crusted chicken sandwiches on toasted wheat buns, oven fries, salad and strawberry/cake dessert.

I changed my mind, I remembered I saw a crock pot red beans and rice thread here last week that I wanted to try..... I'm tweaking it a bit I hope I dont ruin it.
Tomorrow will be just as cold for soup.

Last edited:
Okay, when I posted earlier I hadn't looked outside at the 8 inches of snow. Border #1 just came home because school was closed (I know some of you are laughing but here 8 inches stops EVERYTHING!!!!). So no doctor's appointment so I am stuck lying in bed another day. At least DH is going to leave the laptop for me today so I will be able to be online all day.
I have some lentil soup in the freezer which will be supper for whoever shows up. I am moving to the couch and getting someone to get the fireplace going for me.
Love lentil soup and a fireplace too, gosh, what more does a body need?:-p
Tell me if you could please, any idea what the temp is in Vancouver? Be there tomorrow and the next two days after that, and if I need snow gear, it would be helpful to know now:huh: thanks....

LEFSElover, I'm blaming this all on you.LOL

It's a Jimmy Buffet sort of day and I'm havin

Cheeseburger in paradise
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
Not too particular not too precise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

LEFSElover, I'm blaming this all on you.LOL

It's a Jimmy Buffet sort of day and I'm havin

Cheeseburger in paradise
Heaven on earth with an onion slice
Not too particular not too precise
I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

So Simplicity, on your way to paradise watch you don't get stuck in Marguriteaville! :LOL:

picked up some nice T-bones at the butcher. I've got a nice rub i like to use all ready to go. I just got done making some french onion soup ready to go once the GF gets home. working on cutting up some potatoes for some nice steak fries...

Back
Top Bottom