Tuesday dinner plans anyone, Aug 28, 07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
hi there cookers.
anyone eating today?
anyone cooking today?
I'm/we're going out to dinner in Nashville.
I'll bet there are great places to eat dinner there.
We're only about 30 miles away at a hotel after Arkansas-ing and Memphis-ing
the last two days.
I have my Elvis t shirt on to prove it.........I was there.:ROFLMAO:
Please post your menu's.
With incredible cooks in here, the menu's are so enjoyed and their creativity too!
Have a great day and stay cool:D

I will be grilling marinated pork chops, sweet corn , huge salad and grilled garlic/onion buns.

Last edited:
made pesto last night with my basil harvest. TOnight will be taragon and wine sauteed string beans and jumbo shrimp over pasta rigate with pesto. yum

Picked a couple dozen of my long green Italian peppers. Will stuff them with a mix of ground beef, toasted pine nuts, raisins, bread crumbs, diced onions, garlic and some oregano.Making a tomato sauce with a little honey to pour over..Along with it some Mexican white rice, green salad, and cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
kadesma;)

Fusilli con buco with lamb ragu, a nice green salad, perhaps some nice garlic bread. I've been dying for this for a week now. Oh, melon sorbet for dessert!

Dina's thread about fried chicken got me thinking about it. That was my plan for tonight, but I'm feeling a bit icky so it may just be chicken soup for me.

I enjoyed by bacon-wrapped filets (I prepared not long ago) w grilled mushrooms and onions, and red potatoes, etc.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showpost.php?p=472005&postcount=9

So... I will be doing it again - with red taters w butter, sour cream and chives, corn-on-the cob w lemon butter, and a green veggie or salad. Instead of the peaches with vanilla ice cream - if I can find some nectarines or apricots, will stuff them with cream cheese and walnuts, or make apricot souffles.

Last edited:
my job and and my lawn ruined my plans for lobsters yesterday, so it will be the tasty little monsters tonight.
i hope.

I have a lot to do today, so while at the market this morning picked up an extra-large pizza crust & will make a pizza for tonight. Plan on maybe 1/2 & 1/2 turkey pepperoni & shitake mushrooms; or maybe 1/3 turkey pepperoni, 1/3 shitake mushrooms, & 1/3 anchovies. Will let husband decide.

Well, I ended up making potato gnocchi (from a shrink-wrapped box) with homemade arrabbiata sauce, a garden salad, and garlic bread last night. So tonight I will make the Thai-style noodles with chicken, veggies, and peanut sauce that I intended to make last night.

I'll be making breaded chicken cutlets, potato pancakes, and peas, maybe some gravy as well.

We had beef stroganoff last night, so I suppose I will do chicken of some sort. With dh working on my wonderful pantry, it isn't wise to ask him to cook on the grill also, so something inside.

a nice Avocado and fine leaf salad (Italian dressing), a couple of char grilled 1/4 pounders each, and some tear-and-share chili and cheese bread (with extra garlic).

Breakfast was Ovaltine.

Lunch will be jambalaya with adouille sausage and shrimps, corn bread, grapes, and an espresso lava cake. Beverage of the day is cherry Coca Cola Zero.

Tonight's supper will probably be the last time I will be able to use the iceberg lettuce, carrot, and purple cabbage salad mix before it turns to mush. I only used about half of the 3 pound bag, but, at $1.99 I think I got my money's worth.

Just ordered Chinese. Too tired to cook tonight. First week back at school.

My dinner was quite easy (see above page 1) so am roasting tomatoes with basil and garlic for sauce as we all talked about yesterday! lol ... smells so good as I knew it would and it cooks itself and I wasn't going to waste the tomatoes!

My daughter likes this pasta dish so that's what I made. The sauce is a soy, sake, mirin, and ginger braised ground beef ragu. She likes fresh carrots and spinach so that goes in there although you can pretty much use any vegetable you want. Eggplant, zucchini, and green beans work well. I like it spicy but she doesn't so I throw chili flakes on mine. When she learns to like more spicy foods then I'll throw some thai chilis in there.

Back
Top Bottom