Tuesday February 4, 2014 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I've had a busy morning cooking up some of yesterday's shopping goodies.

So far, I've made:

Brown rice with turkey neck stock (unsalted), a package of onion soup mix, and included the turkey neck meat. Yummy, easy and 3 quart zips full.

Pimento cheese

Shreddable pork loin roasts

Next on my list:

Broccoli in Alfredo sauce

Cucumbers in rice wine vinegar, plus a good splash of Balsamic.

That's probably all I'll make today, saving a couple more dishes for tomorrow.

What are you cooking today?

Eating out this evening. A new Sri Lankan curry place just recently opened close by. The food is supposed to be fantastic according to friends who have tried it.

Little Smokies (leftover's from SB Sunday) and coleslaw. Later I'll have some tapioca pudding.

Tonight was 'use up leftovers in the fridge' night. I managed to throw together two overstuffed tacos. :yum: They hit the spot, and it was nice to put to good use the last of the lettuce, tomatoes, tortillas, refried beans, salsa, and ground beef.

Shopping day tomorrow. :ohmy::LOL:

Zhizara, will you please share your recipe for pimento cheese? I had some at a potluck a few years ago and loved it. :yum: We have stuff in a jar here but I'm not interested in that. :ermm: :LOL:

Taco Salads and guacamole here tonight. Already had the taco meat made up. (Used it on the Natchos on SB Sunday. ;)

ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1391572893.658102.jpg

Tonight was 'use up leftovers in the fridge' night............Shopping day tomorrow. :ohmy::LOL:
I did my shopping today so we had leftovers tonight. I usually do it this way so that I don't have to worry about cooking when I get home from shopping. Especially when I do a marathon shop at the grocery store - didn't shop at all last week and needed to fill the fridge. An hour and a half at the store and I still have some empty spots. :huh:

I do that frequently too, or just stop somewhere on the way home for take out. :ROFLMAO: I'm really craving a salad today though, and really enjoy poking through the produce section for new stuff when my vegetable bins are bare. :)

We're eating out tonight. We'll head over to Canadian Tire to pick up a T Fal non-stick skillet for omelettes, while they are 70% off. We'll also hit the supermarket at the same mall and see if they really do carry whole wheat pita. If there is a resto that appeals, we'll go there, if not A&W. I have coupons and it's not far from that mall.

I do that frequently too, or just stop somewhere on the way home for take out. :ROFLMAO: I'm really craving a salad today though, and really enjoy poking through the produce section for new stuff when my vegetable bins are bare. :)
A lot of times when I grocery shop it seems one of those rotisserie chickens hops into my cart. :huh: :whistling

On a normal shopping trip my actual shopping time takes about an hour - half of that time or more is spent just in the produce department. I can breeze through most of the rest of the store, unless I'm also needing more than one or two meats. Then it takes even longer. Himself rarely goes shopping with me. That's OK, it's like taking a 3-year-old anyway. Put that back, we don't need it...You just had that (name the junk food) a little while ago...MUST you get sushi again? (They have people prepare it fresh every day, never day-old sold in our store.) *sigh*

Speaking of little kids and grocery shopping...
When I was a kid I remember standing on the front of the cart and getting pushed around. I never see that anymore. I never see any kids in the plastic seat up front either... there's always both parent shopping and one has the tike.
How times have changed.

When I was a kid I remember standing on the front of the cart and getting pushed around. I never see that anymore. I never see any kids in the plastic seat up front either... there's always both parent shopping and one has the tike.
How times have changed.
Did you ever put one foot on the bottom basket and use the cart as a scooter? We used to get going pretty fast...

How times have changed.

Yes, they have! I remember those days. Now they have those HUGE red plastic driving cart thingies for the kids, and they take up half the aisles. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom