Tuesday July 19th What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't call what you have done "rudimentary". You are very skilled!

Ah, canoeing, love it. I wish!

You are too kind. I cook by taste (and feel when I'm making bread or pie crust...etc.). But my Swedish grandma was a very good cook and she taught me well. The hardest part of the challenge was measuring everything and writing it down so I could share! DH is not a good food critic--he'll say it is good/fantastic/excellent regardless. He's just happy s/one else cooked.

We don't get to put the canoe in the water often enough--too busy.

Last edited:
Sliced chicken breast (with homegrown thyme and rosemary), cooked in gravy and served over mashed potatoes with sliced onions and garlic.

Wow! Leftover steak? What is that? I have never had it.:LOL:

See, if you intend to have leftover steak, you have to cook more than you can eat the first time around! :pig:

Then you have an excuse to eat the leftovers the next day or two! Sliced paper thin and nuked just long enough to take the chill off, with two short pieces crossed on a ritz cracker with a thin slice of cheddar works for me! :pig: num num num num.....

Or, diced tiny and mixed with leftover mashed taters and sour cream and heated. Then a good dollop on a cracker. Oh my! :pig: Pig-out warning!

I'm about to throw a DiGiorno pizza in the oven. I get the rising crust 4-cheese pizza and add my own toppings. Usually I add pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives, but we are out of olives. :cool:

My daughter will be away tonight so I can have fish without having to convince somebody to eat it, and get frustrated in the process. So, it will be pan fried cod, with salad...
I tossed some Kansas City rub in with the bread crumbs. It was gooooood! Fresh greens supplied by my bass player and good friend.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Greek tonight! Chicken Souvlaki, Greek salad, rice.

Attachments

• image-1585884158.jpg
    image-1585884158.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 196
  • image-598183735.jpg
    image-598183735.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 198
steve, bunny, and rock, you're killin' me. i get so hungry this time every night.

dw has made friends with a fish monger, so he hooked us up with awesome sushi grade yellowtail tuna.

my first thought was at $16 per pound, it had better be good.

it was! she quickly seared them - still raw inside, then served with kikkoman triple ginger teryaki sauce, dressed rotini and grape tomato salad, and baguettes and butter.

a weird but good and healthy dinner.

steve, bunny, and rock, you're killin' me. i get so hungry this time every night.

dw has made friends with a fish monger, so he hooked us up with awesome sushi grade yellowtail tuna.

my first thought was at $16 per pound, it had better be good.

it was! she quickly seared them - still raw inside, then served with kikkoman triple ginger teryaki sauce, dressed rotini and grape tomato salad, and baguettes and butter.

a weird but good and healthy dinner.

OMG, I wish I'd been there to help you eat that! Yellowtail is one of my favorites!

All those pics of beautiful food were killin me last night too. I was full from supper and it was STILL killin me! Especially Steve's sweet and sour chicken sausage meal! Serious Yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom