Tuesday June 28th--What's on the Menu Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do I sense a stuffed zucchini coming up?:chef:

I think you do tomorrow. Time got away from me today so it's gonna be a quick dinner tonight. Not a whole lot of time to cook. The steak and zucchini are gonna be on hold til tomorrow. Soup and sandwiches are on the agenda tonight.

I'm going to take the leftover chicken leg quarters that I grilled on Sunday, shred the meat off them and mix with some BBQ sauce and server on rolls with salad and corn-on-the-cob.

Chicken Alfredo with Rosemary.

The chicken prep.
DSC04189.JPG

Plated ( bowl #2 )
DSC04193.JPG

Plated ( bowled #2 )
DSC04192.JPG

OK my pic isn't as nice as outdoor chef lol... plus I kinda started eating the fish already lol

I'm having greek salad with tequila lime catfish

Attachments

• DINNER1.jpg
    DINNER1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 215
I ended up going a different direction with the chicken. I roasted it in the oven instead, and we had baked potatoes with sour cream, and corn on the cob. James brought home "dessert," Hershey's candy bars. :cool:

I found a London broil in the freezer that was large enough for the 2 of us. I cut it half. Was going to do it on the grill but the propane tank was out of fuel. So I grilled it on the stovetop in my CI with some butter and onions. Had roasted potatoes and peas. Have Ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for later if anybody wants one.

Hot dogs with onions and tomato (1 package hot dogs cut into coins and 1 med onion cut into half moons sautéed in butter till onions are soft and hot dogs get “puffy”, 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste added, 2 tomato paste cans of water, 1 tomato paste can of burgundy wine, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns added, mix well, bring to boil and simmer till thickened and “saucy”) and salad.

img_1017595_0_b163200576fba42d02e26311dae89a97.jpg

msmofet said:
Hot dogs with onions and tomato (1 package hot dogs cut into coins and 1 med onion cut into half moons sautéed in butter till onions are soft and hot dogs get “puffy”, 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste added, 2 tomato paste cans of water, 1 tomato paste can of burgundy wine, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns added, mix well, bring to boil and simmer till thickened and “saucy”) and salad.

MM, my mom used to make similar, but used Campbell's Tomato soup. Prolly not as good as yours!

MM, my mom used to make similar, but used Campbell's Tomato soup. Prolly not as good as yours!
Thank you dg.

I usually serve it over small pasta shells but decided not to tonight. My mom made it with slivered bologna and served it with bread for dipping.

It's been so "muggy" here the last couple of days(no sun, just humid) I really haven't felt like cooking, but thought I should, so I did chicken stir fry on jasmine rice. Sadly, I didn't have any mushrooms :-(

It was worth the effort, I am stuffed and probably won't have room for strawberry rhubarb crisp and 'nilla ice cream. :)

Attachments

• image-2235937585.jpg
    image-2235937585.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 179
Back
Top Bottom