Tuesday June 28th--What's on the Menu Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I have chicken leg-quarters defrosting, but I'm still not sure how I will fix them. I am thinking about cooking them with canned tomatoes, onions, and spices and serving them with some multi-vegetable spiral macaroni I bought last week, and with corn. That could change as my mood changes.

What are you eating today? :chef:

I save the marvelous oyster stew stock and will pick up another 1/2 pint of oysters at the store today. That may be dinner, maybe not.

I haven't been very hungry lately so I'm taking advantage of it. I might just have the rest of the salmon salad with a few crackers. This is the second time I made it. I had tired of the salmon loaf I used to make, but I received 2 cans of pink salmon in the monthly "commodities" box so I used them in salmon salad which I had never made.

I figured I'd use it like I would tuna. Wish I had thought of it before, it was delicious, much better than tuna. I also used in with an Alfredo sauce and egg noodles and pimento (ala king-ish) which also turned out well.

Last edited:
I'm thinking something with shrimp and pasta. Garlic and butter will be involved.

I've got a big, thick rib eye defrosting. Not sure what the sides will be yet. I went to the garden this morning and found this huge zucchini and a bunch more tomatoes so I think they will be on the menu as well tonight in some form or fashion.

Attachments

• garden06282011.jpg
    garden06282011.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 186
It's supposed to rain this evening so I'm going to defrost a meal of tomato sauce with meatballs and sausages. I suppose I should cook some pasta to go with it.

I've got a big, thick rib eye defrosting. Not sure what the sides will be yet. I went to the garden this morning and found this huge zucchini and a bunch more tomatoes so I think they will be on the menu as well tonight in some form or fashion.
Hmmmmm, we might be headed west for supper tonight. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It's supposed to rain this evening so I'm going to defrost a meal of tomato sauce with meatballs and sausages. I suppose I should cook some pasta to go with it.

That sounds amazing!! :-p
Following in those footsteps (sorta) it's chilli and rice for dinner tonight! Yum. It's been raining all day - thunder and lightning too.

Leftover pork roast, garlic mashed potatoes, pork gravy, white corn, and a 2007 Vega Moragona Vinas Viejas Tempranillo

Either that or get yourself some hoagie buns and provolone :)

It's clean out the fridge day--I already found things I wouldn't eat <g>--don't know if they are good enough for the one dog I have here (or the chickens). But it looks like it ithe leftover vegetarian Thai Curry over basmati rice (had a bowl at 8:00 a.m. for lunch) from Sunday will need to be consumed again today.

I'm going to make rice pudding from the rest of the basmati rice. I am thinking of adding the dehydrated papaya I have hanging around...swapping coconut cream for the milk...

Probably should clean out the freezer this weekend and figure out things to do with the various odds and ends before the garden starts producing...the beans are flowering! We are a good 15 days to a month behind here because of all the rain in April and May...grrrr...

Last edited:
I haven't cooked a meal in a week! We finally worked through all the leftovers from the week my yungun was home! So today, I have to come up with an original meal. Guess I'll check out what's in the freezer and hopefully that will inspire something!

Tonight's dinner menu will be something quick & easy but also DELICIOUS! My mother found a recipe for this not to long ago and I've loved it ever since I've tried it....

Tonight's meal will consist of Peppered Steak with Rice! I know my mother will want to help because she always does want to help when I'm cooking when she comes over so I may ask her very nicely if she'll put together some biscuits or something? Who knows!

Tonight's dinner menu will be something quick & easy but also DELICIOUS! My mother found a recipe for this not to long ago and I've loved it ever since I've tried it....

Tonight's meal will consist of Peppered Steak with Rice! I know my mother will want to help because she always does want to help when I'm cooking when she comes over so I may ask her very nicely if she'll put together some biscuits or something? Who knows!

Or maybe I'll throw together some Jiffy Cornbread :)

I am starting some batch cooking to take camping this weekend so we will probably pick on that - not sure what will get done, but chicken is a given as well as a potato salad and waffles (I make them ahead and heat them on the grill).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom