Tuesday, June 7 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Amanda!

:LOL:

Well I had to start dinner over... the beer that is.
I saw my neighbor messing around with the deck (that used to be around a pool) and went over to "help" him. So we are going to turn it into a bridge. Carefully cutting posts and decking sweat the beer appys I had already started right out of me :( Not to mention the head scratching :huh:
So I started my beer dinner over. In the meantime I've got some sausage and onions sweating in a sauté pan. Some garlic, mushrooms, pepperoni and a can of tomatoes (plus seasonings) will be going in shortly. I'm hoping I've got some rigatoni in the cupboard. If not I've got plenty of other pastas.

I had planned pasta with a butter/evoo/garlic sauce then decides to add some grilled vegetables. So I cooked the whole dinner on the grill.

Attachments

• SetUp.jpg
    SetUp.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 149
  • OnTheGrill.jpg
    OnTheGrill.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 129
  • OnTheTable.jpg
    OnTheTable.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 140
Dang! Ya even got the pasta water going out there!
Nice job, Dave. Chillin' and grillin'.

Romaine Salad w/Lemon/Parmesan Vinaigrette. Fresh lemon juice, grated lemon rind, pepper, pinch salt, spicy brown mustard, olive oil and Worcestershire Sauce.
Spaghetti w/"Fresh" sauce. Saluted Valida onion, fresh garlic, pepper flakes and red bell pepper and garlic spice mix in olive oil. Added 1 can well drained salt free tomatoes, 1 can moderately drained tomatoes, 1 small can drained mushrooms, sugar, basil, oregano and parsley. Served over thin Spaghetti and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.View attachment 11131

View attachment 11132

Last edited:
Very nice, Patty :chef:

I'm not sure my sauce is coming along so good... I am in dire need of tomato paste, due to splashing a little too much marsala wine to deglaze :rolleyes:

Another night of hot pockets........I think I am radio active .........:dizzy: Oh where is my beautiful wife..........I am losing my color :cry:

Very nice, Patty :chef:

I'm not sure my sauce is coming along so good... I am in dire need of tomato paste, due to splashing a little too much marsala wine to deglaze :rolleyes:

Thank you.
Just drink it!! j/k
It should thicken if you simmer it awhile.

calif roast beef sandwich on rye. deli roast beef, provolone , green chili's toasted. choco cookies for dessert. oh and beer. had one already. been sewing all day and my neck hurts. lol. this is turning out to be a beer day, i think!!

You're welcome.
And it's been simmering too long as it is. I'm calling it beanless pasta fagioli. Shells instead of rigs, lol.

Dinner was Salad and Soup.
Salad (red and green butter lettuce, iceberg lettuce, vine tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado (sprinkled with lime juice), mushrooms, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, sliced almonds and shredded cheddar dressed with garlic and basil vinaigrette), sliced roasted chicken breast on the side and

img_1009346_0_7880813343ff18e6ec952d2416c79bb4.jpg

Soup (canned cheddar cheese soup with fresh raw – broccoli and cauliflower cooked in the soup till tender and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar added) and lemon/lime soda (fresh squeezed lime and lemon, seltzer and Ideal sugar sub).

img_1009346_1_d365cff3ec1cdc274d57fae5de1f89e1.jpg

Following the beer theme.....Warmed up "beer butt" chicken, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli and green salad. Maybe more of the raspberry/ rhubarb crisp for dessert.

Dang! Ya even got the pasta water going out there!
Nice job, Dave. Chillin' and grillin'.

Thanks! I'm going to use that thing as much as I can this summer. So be on the lookout for lots of new recipes!!

I even think my wok will fit on the side burner and work better there than on my electric stove in the house. Outdoor stir fry?? :wacko:

It was chicken, bacon and chorizo stir fry with steamed rice - had quite a kick - perhaps a bit too much chilli :) and brownie in a cup for desert!! Lazy but oooohhhh so good!

braised a veal shank in my roasted tomato sauce for a great pasta with sauteed spinach and zucchini

I had planned pasta with a butter/evoo/garlic sauce then decides to add some grilled vegetables. So I cooked the whole dinner on the grill.
Looks marvelous, Dave! And thanks for the pictures because I am going to show them to DH - we still haven't got our grill and these will help me show that he would use all the bells and whistles on it! :)

Looks marvelous, Dave! And thanks for the pictures because I am going to show them to DH - we still haven't got our grill and these will help me show that he would use all the bells and whistles on it! :)

Here's more to bolster your side:;) Besides using the side burner to cook the pasta, I cooked the veg on one side on medium (burners 1 & 2) and then melted the butter with the evoo and garlic on high on the 4th burner then turned it to low to let the things meld together. That also let me move the cooked veg off to the side when I needed to. Plus the grill baskets fit but better on a larger grill.

Back
Top Bottom