Tuesday, June 7th, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
My first try at fried rice:
Brown rice
Shrimp
Egg
Green onion
Bacon
Pork roast (leftover)
Mushrooms
Safflower oil

Next time I'll add more veggies! ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1465318916.233579.jpg

Eat anything you want, but make it yourself.

Posting from the app.

And soy sauce...

Eat anything you want, but make it yourself.

Posting from the app.

We are continuing to celebrate Birthday Week ;) so today I picked up a couple of steaks and some sea scallops to be grilled. I'm going to make chimichurri sauce for the steak and lemon aioli for the scallops. I have peas in the garden that need to be picked, so I'll make a pea-couscous-lemon-mint salad, too. Ice cream for dessert.

Tuesday, June 7th

I love fried rice. Celery gives it a nice crunch :yum:

I love fried rice too. Also add frozen peas and sometimes pineapple chunks. :yum:

Probably salads tonight here.

GG, you need to stretch Birthday Week into Birthday Month. Much more efficient!

Last edited:
Can't make up my mind...

...'cuz I probably lost my mind. :ermm: :LOL: Three plans. At least two of them can be shuffled to other meals within the next half-week or so.
1) Mediterranean Tuna Salad in naan bread with a side salad
2) Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach, and Hazelnuts with a side salad.
3) 20 Minute Cherry Tomato and Basil Pasta with a side salad.

One thing is sure: we're having side salads! :D

My first try at fried rice:...
Bacon
Bacon in fried rice??? Genius!

First of our heirloom tomatoes, the purple ones. I forgot the name. Burrata cheese, fresh basil, and a reduced balsamic syrup drizzle.
37240-albums1042-picture6557.jpg

Cantelope cubes and prosciutto
37240-albums1042-picture6558.jpg

And my foie gras torchon. OMG, it was so good, but so rich. It has started to melt just being out at room temp. A celery, parsley, basil salad and a black pepper caramel. Craig is still eating on the leftover caramel.

37240-albums1042-picture6559.jpg

Last edited:
Mexican stir fry?

Stir fry with onions, carrots, jalapenos, left-over brown rice and braised chuck. Sauce made from roasted diced tomatoes, Herdez Roasted Pasilla Chile Sauce, and peach jam.
The sauce was a spur of the moment thing that I was very pleased with. Would be like a barbecue sauce with cider vinegar.

Every kid's worst nightmare: Liver and Onions.

Ok, actually it sounds pretty bad when you describe it that way. How about sautéed grass-fed Veal Liver, smothered in Mushrooms, Onions, and Bacon, with a side of Spicy Shaved Sprouts? Sounds more appetizing, right? The sauce was a white wine reduction with Dijon mustard, fresh tarragon, and sour cream. I loved it, although I'm sure not everyone would.

img_1469013_0_9289d60a811e32f6c68ddc57bd0fab80.jpg

Liver and onions sounds better to me. I never think to buy liver in the store. Just put in on my list. Thanks and nice picture.

It looks and sounds fabulous, but I'm a liver lover.
Me, too! I hated it as a kid (my mom cooked the bejeezuz out of it, until there was nothing left but a grey lifeless lump) but have it about once a month now. I'm pretty fussy about it, though. It has to be cooked only to the point of being done... no more, no less.

Every kid's worst nightmare: Liver and Onions.

Ok, actually it sounds pretty bad when you describe it that way. How about sautéed grass-fed Veal Liver, smothered in Mushrooms, Onions, and Bacon, with a side of Spicy Shaved Sprouts? Sounds more appetizing, right? The sauce was a white wine reduction with Dijon mustard, fresh tarragon, and sour cream. I loved it, although I'm sure not everyone would.

img_1469022_0_9289d60a811e32f6c68ddc57bd0fab80.jpg

Leave off those "Spicy Shaved Sprouts" from hell and you've got a deal Steve! You're right, liver must not be over cooked.

Yumm!!

.40......it's so good to see you again!!

Hey, .40, nice to see you!

Very nice, Med! Brandywine tomatoes?

Your dish looks great, Steve, but there's still no way I'm touching Brussels sprouts or liver. I will have a spoonful of your sauce pre-liver though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom