Tuesday March 22nd. What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I was going to make a chicken dish but then realized the recipe called for an overnight marination.

So..... Tonight's dinner will be seasoned and grilled/roasted pork tenderloin and a tossed salad.

Sandwiches made with the Dutch Oven bread I started a couple days ago, leftover porchetta from the freezer (rest will be in fried rice in a day or 2) with lemon/caper aioli and a walnut, lemon, caper gremolata. Probably some sort of taters on the side.

After looking again through the egg link creative posted, I'm thinking it will be an egg based dinner this afternoon. They all look so good. :yum: I have mushrooms and asparagus to use so I'll probably make an omelet, with some kind of fruit on the side. Come to think of it, hash browns sounds like a pretty good side, too. :)

Another simple dinner tonight. Bone-in pork chop with red cabbage. The sauce on the chop is the leftover adobo sauce from a can of chipotles

img_1459926_0_edb0cbdae48d9f76df3418597f09130d.jpg

Another simple dinner tonight. Bone-in pork chop with red cabbage. The sauce on the chop is the leftover adobo sauce from a can of chipotles

img_1459931_0_edb0cbdae48d9f76df3418597f09130d.jpg

Looks wonderful, Steve. :yum: I love the adobo sauce almost more than the chipotles themselves.

Last edited:
.....I have mushrooms and asparagus to use so I'll probably make an omelet, with some kind of fruit on the side. Come to think of it, hash browns sounds like a pretty good side, too. :)

This hit the spot - the omelet was a tad dry around the edges, but nice and tender on the inside. I over-estimated the amount of 'shrooms and asparagus fillin's, so those went on the plate for extra yumness. The chives were freshly snipped from my little patio garden.

5PM now, dinner is done and the kitchen is cleaned up - I'm headed out for a walk. :)

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I had some musgoes, too - pieces of bell peppers, onions and carrot that needed to be used, so I made a Chinese stir-fry. I also made a quick pickle with thinly sliced cucumber, rice vinegar and a bit of the stir-fry sauce. Served it over rice, sprinkled with some sesame seeds. Yummy :yum:

Attachments

• 1458694335690.jpg
    1458694335690.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 153
I did some Italian sausage with roasted potatoes, cucumbers and tomatoes. I didn't have tomatoes of course (allergic when I was growing up, just don't care for them now). Instead, I had a small salad.

This hit the spot - the omelet was a tad dry around the edges, but nice and tender on the inside. I over-estimated the amount of 'shrooms and asparagus fillin's, so those went on the plate for extra yumness. The chives were freshly snipped from my little patio garden.

5PM now, dinner is done and the kitchen is cleaned up - I'm headed out for a walk. :)

Cheryl, that omelette looks delicious!

That's gorgeous Steve.:yum:

The little extra effort to make that warm bacon vinaigrette is really worth it. I used a tablespoon of bacon fat for the garlic and shallots to saute in a small saucepan, and the EVOO was TJ's California Reserve, along with TJ's red wine vinegar. Have I mentioned I love Trader Joe's?:LOL:

Thank you LP. Yummy looking stir fry, GG. Kay, good to hear you were happy with the salad, I'll have to try that. Everyone's dinners sound good and I'm always inspired by the daily dinner threads. :yum::chef:

It seems like creative's egg thread has quite a few of us using them for dinner tonight. I also made an omelet, using some must-goes. Sauteed all the mushrooms in the fridge and used them in the omelet. I added about half of the in-house spinach to my half. Topped it all with a bit of co-jack cheese. Finished up the ham, and baked up a vintage tube of Grands biscuits. I was pretty hungry, so I forgot to take a picture...

Speaking of eggs, I made Kalua pork yesterday and for brunch today I made a spectacular omelet with the pork, and leftover saute' veggies from last night (asparagus, red bell pepper and shrooms).

Back
Top Bottom