Tuesday (May 13) Treats!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
So what's cooking tonight folks? I've not felt like cooking in the last...while but I've got my spark back and I've been cruising the site trying to find something to do with my hunk of sirloin roast for dinner.

I'm feeling frisky and I might do beef wellies. I've also seen some marinades that made me think I might try those. So many fun things to do and only one meal to do it for!

Crisper-cleaning day: I have 1/2 head cabbage (about 4 c or 400 g chopped), 1 lb of hot hungarian sausage, 1.5 l jar of home canned tomatoes, 3 carrots, celery, 2 shallots, garlic, a stray bottle of beer (I don't drink beer very often). I thought I had a jar of kimchee hiding in the back...not, so I'm making a cabbage-sausage meatball-tomato soup. I made a loaf of this bread yesterday:

Quick Whole-Wheat Bread | Recipes | Eat Well | Best Health

So it is soup night here. Not sure about a salad. And, I probably will eat around 4 p.m.

Trout & soboro Sushi.
39817-albums888-picture5913.jpg

I'm glad you're feeling frisky again, Alix.

Me, I'm going to try and eat up some really good leftovers so that maybe I can cook again tomorrow.

Oyster stew is at the top of the list of foods to eat up. Mmmm, poor me!

Decided finally what to do with my beef. Its not a nice enough hunk to do wellies so I'm slow roasting it with some of my crockpot onions and beef broth. I'll slice it, thicken the juices and make it into beef dip. I'm off to the Italian center to get some lovely crusty panini to serve it on. YUM

Himself enjoyed the panini so much last night we'll do it again. Instead of salad I pulled one of the tubs of soup I had put by in the freezer. Gotta move those tubs out to make room for the summer ice cream. I think tonight's soup is white bean and sausage. (I have to remember to label containers before I freeze...:ermm: )

Alix, your slump migrated south and hit me! I really don't feel like cooking. With DH gone all week, I tend to not cook much any more. I'm thinking of sending the yungun out for 5 Guys burgers.

We had shrimp and chicken Caesar salads. They were definitely meal sized and I ended up giving my last two shrimp to TB.

He has sandwiches for work and I will probably have some leftover pasta and salad.

Leftovers. All sorts.
Ribs, ABT's and a beef and pepper quesadilla.
I'm also thinking of a chunky slaw and a couple smashed redskins.

First grilling of the season here. Banks chicken thighs marinated in sesame dressing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

First grilling of the season here. Banks chicken thighs marinated in sesame dressing.

HMMMMM how do I insert pics with this app?

HMMMMM how do I insert pics with this app?

I couldn't figure it out either, Dave. I ended up emailing them to myself and C&P them in the post.

Salmon zapped for 2 mins in the m/wave. I don't often cook from scratch in the m/wave but it does a mean piece of salmon.

Watercress, baby spinach and rocket/aragula salad, tomatoes and steamed English asparagus with mayo, wholemeal bread and butter and a glass of Pinot Grigiot

Baked swiss steak. I was thinking of serving with noodles. I'm glad I voted for mash potatoes, as there is a lot of gravy. Buttered green beans and carrots.

I think I got it.....dinner on the grill.

Attachments

• 1400022927654.jpg
    1400022927654.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 166
Looks yummy Dave, and really nice picture Steve! Do you use photobucket like I do? Your pictures are always beautiful.

We're having rib eye steaks on the grill, along with garlic toast. My Steve does a killer job on glorified dinner salads with the works. I'm gonna keep that man, for some reason I don't like putting a salad together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom