"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Feel better soon, PF! I fried up a flat iron steak earlier, Beagle and I had a bit of that. Then I remembered the enchilada a friend made for me yesterday, so some of that later.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Hope you feel better PF!!

I've been using the SousVide on beautiful little 2.25 lb choice rib roast. Looks like a thick Rib Eye to me. What's in a name anyway? I'll finish it on my "Wilma Flintstone Yabba Dabba Doo" searing burner on the side of the grill. Fun, Fun!!
Baked spuds and seamed brocollini will finish the plates.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Forecast was for thunderboomers moving through the area (and they didn't disappoint), so an indoor meal was planned. Chicken fajitas.
Actually, you are having chicken tacos. Chicken fajitas don't technically exist. Yeah, I'm being a bit of a PITA, but the truth is, fajitas are beef... literally.

Okay, now that I have cleared that up, I am grilling chicken thighs tonight. If I had tortillas, I could make chicken tacos... but not fajitas!

I haven't started cooking yet, but I've stirred the pot.

CD
Old 05-15-2018, 08:01 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Hope you feel better PF!!

I've been using the SousVide on beautiful little 2.25 lb choice rib roast. Looks like a thick Rib Eye to me. What's in a name anyway? I'll finish it on my "Wilma Flintstone Yabba Dabba Doo" searing burner on the side of the grill. Fun, Fun!!
Baked spuds and seamed brocollini will finish the plates.
That's gonna' be good. That is my favorite way to cook steak. Well, I use my Searsall for the final char, but the result is the same. Good job, Wilma!

CD
Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Forecast was for thunderboomers moving through the area (and they didn't disappoint), so an indoor meal was planned. Chicken fajitas.
Four times that storm circled back and each time, the thunder was louder and each boomer would last longer. I turned the lights off for a minute or so. The next bolt of lightning that came, lit up the whole room. That storm was directly over this building. I can live without storms of that nature.

I had a very small piece of my Mother's Day pork chop. I also got my meal from Meals on Wheels. It was Mexican food. Not one of my favorites.

I did get them to give me 100% milk instead if the 1%. My skinny bones need all the calcium they can get.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:12 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Actually, you are having chicken tacos. Chicken fajitas don't technically exist. Yeah, I'm being a bit of a PITA, but the truth is, fajitas are beef... literally.
No longer true. According to Wikipedia: "A fajita in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. Popular meats today also include chicken, pork, shrimp, lamb, salmon, other types of fish, and other cuts of beef, as well as vegetables instead of meat."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

So if we are to be exact in our language, how do you train a chicken to fry your steak?
tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I did get them to give me 100% milk instead if the 1%. My skinny bones need all the calcium they can get.
1% milk actually has 29 more mg of calcium than whole milk (which is 3.25% fat).
Old 05-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
We'll be having the smoked pulled chuck roast we made Sunday, on burger buns, with zucchini pickles and pasta salad. Need to get going on that salad
Good stuff.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0515182019a.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	30012
Old 05-16-2018, 10:02 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
No longer true. According to Wikipedia: "A fajita in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. Popular meats today also include chicken, pork, shrimp, lamb, salmon, other types of fish, and other cuts of beef, as well as vegetables instead of meat."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

So if we are to be exact in our language, how do you train a chicken to fry your steak?
I'm still not sure why the chicken crossed the road.

As for fajitas, I'm old and stubborn, so if it ain't steak, it ain't fajitas. Grumble, grumble, scoff.

CD
Old 05-16-2018, 10:04 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Oh, and for the record, it's Pork Roll, not Taylor Ham, BT.

CD

Tags
dinner