Tuesday, May 15th. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I have several ready to eat avocados and plan on making avocado egg salad sandwiches and guacamole.

What are you fixing?

Last edited by a moderator:
The plans were for burgers on the grill but I'm discouraged by the thunderstorms we are currently experiencing. I may end up cooking them on the griddler.

Pouring rains and window-rattling thunder are in our area right now. I'm hoping the power stays on and Himself doesn't have to finish dinner under an umbrella by the grill.

The slow cooker is working magic on bratwurst and sauerkraut. I'll make mashed potatoes and crack open a jar of pickled beets. Dinner!

Tonight, after two failed attempts, should be the day we finally have strawberry "shortcakes" with angel food cake. :yum:

Chicken Caesar salad with homemade dressing and fresh croutons made with homemade bread.

Attachments

• 2018-05-15 17.10.59.jpg
    2018-05-15 17.10.59.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 128
I have no idea what I'll be having a month from now.... probably tacos.
I see what you did there... ;)

Carpeted areas of the house are cleared of furniture so new carpet may be laid tomorrow.. So, its out to dinner in an undecided upon local restaurant tonight..

Ross

We'll be having the smoked pulled chuck roast we made Sunday, on burger buns, with zucchini pickles and pasta salad. Need to get going on that salad [emoji38]

Feel better soon, PF! I fried up a flat iron steak earlier, Beagle and I had a bit of that. Then I remembered the enchilada a friend made for me yesterday, so some of that later.

Hope you feel better PF!! :flowers:

I've been using the SousVide on beautiful little 2.25 lb choice rib roast. Looks like a thick Rib Eye to me. What's in a name anyway? I'll finish it on my "Wilma Flintstone Yabba Dabba Doo" searing burner on the side of the grill. Fun, Fun!!
Baked spuds and seamed brocollini will finish the plates.

Last edited:
Forecast was for thunderboomers moving through the area (and they didn't disappoint), so an indoor meal was planned. Chicken fajitas.

Actually, you are having chicken tacos. Chicken fajitas don't technically exist. Yeah, I'm being a bit of a PITA, but the truth is, fajitas are beef... literally.

Okay, now that I have cleared that up, I am grilling chicken thighs tonight. If I had tortillas, I could make chicken tacos... but not fajitas! :LOL:

I haven't started cooking yet, but I've stirred the pot. :angel:

CD

Hope you feel better PF!! :flowers:

I've been using the SousVide on beautiful little 2.25 lb choice rib roast. Looks like a thick Rib Eye to me. What's in a name anyway? I'll finish it on my "Wilma Flintstone Yabba Dabba Doo" searing burner on the side of the grill. Fun, Fun!!
Baked spuds and seamed brocollini will finish the plates.

That's gonna' be good. That is my favorite way to cook steak. Well, I use my Searsall for the final char, but the result is the same. Good job, Wilma! ;)

CD

Forecast was for thunderboomers moving through the area (and they didn't disappoint), so an indoor meal was planned. Chicken fajitas.

Four times that storm circled back and each time, the thunder was louder and each boomer would last longer. I turned the lights off for a minute or so. The next bolt of lightning that came, lit up the whole room. That storm was directly over this building. I can live without storms of that nature.

I had a very small piece of my Mother's Day pork chop. I also got my meal from Meals on Wheels. It was Mexican food. Not one of my favorites.

I did get them to give me 100% milk instead if the 1%. My skinny bones need all the calcium they can get.

Actually, you are having chicken tacos. Chicken fajitas don't technically exist. Yeah, I'm being a bit of a PITA, but the truth is, fajitas are beef... literally.
No longer true. According to Wikipedia: "A fajita in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. Popular meats today also include chicken, pork, shrimp, lamb, salmon, other types of fish, and other cuts of beef, as well as vegetables instead of meat."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

So if we are to be exact in our language, how do you train a chicken to fry your steak? :D

No longer true. According to Wikipedia: "A fajita in Tex-Mex cuisine is any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. Popular meats today also include chicken, pork, shrimp, lamb, salmon, other types of fish, and other cuts of beef, as well as vegetables instead of meat."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

So if we are to be exact in our language, how do you train a chicken to fry your steak? :D

I'm still not sure why the chicken crossed the road. :wacko:

As for fajitas, I'm old and stubborn, so if it ain't steak, it ain't fajitas. Grumble, grumble, scoff. :D

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom