Tuesday October 25th 2011 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well since it's world pasta day I'm doing it right
spaghettios.jpg

dw is making a pork loin roast and mashed spuds.

nom nom nom nom... i wish i had time to make my pomegranate chipotle sauce to go with it. smokey, sweet, and a little spicy, it goes perfectly with simply roasted pork.

I'm taking suggestions. We had lemon squares last week so likely either shortbread or lemon cake. I was looking at a lemon pound cake recipe that might be good.
You took the words out of my mouth. I remember reading quite awhile back that you love to make lemon squares. I was going to suggest that, but I'm sure you don't want to make them again.

I think we're just having salads tonight.

Oh, dear; and I already started the rice! Pasta was for tomorrow! Leave it to me to be day late and dollar short!

Today is coconut shrimp (yes, from the freezer department), herbed rice pilaf (from my garden, the herbs, not the rice!) and some green veg; debating between salad and broccoli that is probably getting freezer burn. Guess since the lettuce is fresh and the broccoli ready to die, I'll opt for the latter.

It's bit cool here today, even though it's 52 F. There is a good breeze that makes it seem colder. I changed my mind and making chicken noodle soup. I have the chicken and everything else in the crock-pot on high.

It's bit cool here today, even though it's 52 F. There is a good breeze that makes it seem colder. I changed my mind and making chicken noodle soup. I have the chicken and everything else in the crock-pot on high.
There's nothing quite as comforting as chicken noodle soup. That's probably your best choice if you're still feeling yucky. Feel better soon!

Oh, good heavens. Got the carb count on the coconut shrimp, and all hubby can have is 4. Four? Brother. I could have sworn I bought this brand before, but guess not (what can you say, wally-world). So the great rice is about to get some poached chicken breast and broccoli and be a casserole (for those around here, hot dish). The shrimp will be saved for a no-other-starch day so he can use the breading as his carb. hey, I come from a military family -- flexibility is my rule.

I'm waiting for my pork burritos to come out of the oven. I like to toast them after rolling in a flour tortilla.

The pork is the tenderest. I got a Swift pork shoulder and braised it. The instructions said if you want pulled pork, cook longer, until the internal temp reaches 185°. It really worked!

The cold is still doing it's thing. Seems everyone is sick around here.

Was thinking Cheerios, but we're out of milk. So Romaine salad with cottage cheese.

dw is making a pork loin roast and mashed spuds.

nom nom nom nom... i wish i had time to make my pomegranate chipotle sauce to go with it. smokey, sweet, and a little spicy, it goes perfectly with simply roasted pork.
Oh that sounds good, care to share the recipe (for the sauce)? Pomegranate season is coming...I picked up some pomegranate molasses at The Spice House (but I've found a few recipes on the Net to make it and will be giving it a try this year). I've been collecting pomegranate recipes to try--one is a savory rice dish with pomegranate and saffron...

I made an order to our local Dominio's Pizza. My sister is in the hospital in Richmond so after I got off work at 2:15 this afternoon, I made the trip up there (90 min drive) to check on her. Got home at 8 :00pm and was way too tired to cook!

CWS4322 said:
Where's that container of homemade chicken soup in the freezer when you need it! Feel better!

Thanks! I'm hacking a lot less than colleagues.

Oh that sounds good, care to share the recipe (for the sauce)? Pomegranate season is coming...I picked up some pomegranate molasses at The Spice House (but I've found a few recipes on the Net to make it and will be giving it a try this year). I've been collecting pomegranate recipes to try--one is a savory rice dish with pomegranate and saffron...

i'll have to see what kind of notes i have on it. i don't think i ever wrote it down as an actual recipe. good stuff, though.

pomegranate molasses sounds interesting. i sort of reduce pomegranate juice into a syrup to start. molasses might help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom