Tuesday October 25th 2011 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's nothing quite as comforting as chicken noodle soup. That's probably your best choice if you're still feeling yucky. Feel better soon!
You're right about that. I like to make it the way my mom used to though, from scratch. Mark had a dr's appt this afternoon, so I didn't know what time he was going to be home, so I cut corners a bit and started out with canned chicken broth. I turned it into a creamy chicken soup (the creamy part of it was a roux made in a separate pan with milk, flour, butter and chicken bouillon) with frozen vegies added. I didn't have any egg noodles (I REALLY need to get groceries for pantry items SOON), so I used macaroni (like the last time I made chicken noodle soup.) It turned out great, regardless.

img_1062898_0_1afdc69178c7dbd900518e2a148274c5.jpg

Last edited:
You're right about that. I like to make it the way my mom used to though, from scratch. Mark had a dr's appt this afternoon, so I didn't know what time he was going to be home, so I cut corners a bit and started out with canned chicken broth. I turned it into a creamy chicken soup (the creamy part of it was a roux made in a separate pan with milk, flour, butter and chicken bouillon) with frozen vegies added. I didn't have any egg noodles (I REALLY need to get groceries for pantry items SOON), so I used macaroni (like the last time I made chicken noodle soup.) It turned out great, regardless.

Take out the macaroni, shred the chicken and serve it over mashed potatoes and you have my dinner last night ;)

Back
Top Bottom