Tuesday October 25th 2011 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Whats everyone having for supper today?

I read somewhere this morning that today was National Spaghetti Day so hat inspired me to cook spaghetti tonight :)

I'll be off to a Board of Trustees meeting for our condo association so I'll grab a sandwich or something. SO is on her own.

Not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight, but I have a couple of lemons to use up so I'll be baking something lemony today.

Shopping today, so I'll be picking up some canned soups just in case I'm not back to eating normally yet.

I took some chicken & biscuits I made a couple weeks back out of the freezer, so it will be that... on either biscuits or mashed potatoes. Maybe even both!

Lemony!? Lemony?! Did you say Lemony? What'cha making?

I'm taking suggestions. We had lemon squares last week so likely either shortbread or lemon cake. I was looking at a lemon pound cake recipe that might be good.

Leftover beef roast from Sunday night. I'll make a barley risotto and probably sauteed broccoli to go with. The sauce will be a dried cranberry and thyme in beef broth reduction.

I took some chicken & biscuits I made a couple weeks back out of the freezer, so it will be that... on either biscuits or mashed potatoes. Maybe even both!

Is that like a chicken stew type of thing? With biscuit topping?

Andy, I decided on lemon cake. Having a brain dead day though. I put in baking soda instead of powder, then I turned the oven on too high...apparently even when you THINK you know the recipe by heart you should always CHECK!!! I'll let you know if it worked out.

And just to give you another giggle, since I have lemons to use up, I'm making creamy lemon chicken for dinner. Hahahaha!

You ever try the creamy stuff? Its delicious.

No I haven't. The first time I had chicken picata, maybe 35 years ago, it was so lemony I almost couldn't eat it. Scarred for life. That turned me off to lemon with chicken.

I've even tried the 'lemon in the cavity' thing for a roast chicken and that's too much.

Well, if you ever decide to be adventurous again, try this recipe. Its a huge fan favorite here. Its not aggressively lemony unless you want it to be. The lemon just perks up the other flavors.

Is that like a chicken stew type of thing? With biscuit topping?

Creamed chicken & veggies over biscuits or sometimes mashed potatoes. It's a popular diner food here. We had a big thread on it a few years ago because UB thought it was simply fried chicken along with biscuits. I think it was determined it's a midwestern thing.

Pretty sure January 4 is National Spaghetti Day

October 25 is World Pasta Day. Enjoy any pasta today!

We are having orzo cooked in chicken broth with onion, garlic,sauteed mushrooms fresh parsley and chives, pork chops, bisquits the drop kind with scallions, sliced tomatoes and avocados with evoo and vinegar, dessert oatmeal and raisin cookies with vanilla ice cream.
kades

Back
Top Bottom