Tuesday, September 11, What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chipotle Tom

Senior Cook
Tonight, I'll be making mushroom and cheese Ravioli in alfredo sauce. Salad on the side.

What's everyone else making?

I have some fresh sole fillets, not sure what I'll do with them. I'm trying to come up with a nice sauce to go with them. Probably have rice and salad.

My dad is coming over and brining dinner tonight. He said probably beef stew, but he wasn't sure.

Going to brown some bratwurst on the grill, then braise in my electric fry pan with cabbage, fresh green beans, little red potatoes and warm crusty bread.

Going to brown some bratwurst on the grill, then braise in my electric fry pan with cabbage, fresh green beans, little red potatoes and warm crusty bread.

Ok!That does it! I'm buying a motor home, and follow you around!!

Grilled bone-in Chicken breast for me. Then it's clean out the refrigerator time for left-overs!

Chicken curry for my husband, and I'll have shrimp with garlic, fresh basil, tomatoes, scallions, mushrooms, and rice on the side.

No clue yet. I forgot to take anything out of the freezer before I left for work so I will have to rummage when i get home.

today is my darlings birthday. he's asked for nothing special as to him, now, it's not a special day, hasn't been for about 6 years. I'll make him for dinner what he asked for, again, he said, "Honey, it's just welcome to Tuesday, nothing else. We'll celebrate it on the weekend for 5 days, take me away from here please." so, am taking him to several islands where I'll treat him like the king he is to me.
dinner is his favorite boring thing in the world for a class act dinner, but this is what he'll get as per his request, ground sirloin hamburger patty, iced cold iceburg lettuce sans any dressing at all and tator tots. yep, that's it.
meantime, I am making him his favorite cake, it's the ABC7Chicago television networks Mr. Food's Orange Cream cake and it is truly that good. Off to the market to get the other ingreds and when I return home I'll try my hand at this masterpiece.
I'll be physically and mentally challanged to paint our block wall, which is huge by the way, as seen on a landscape tv show filmed here coincidentally, where I wrote down the color instructions and saved them for these many years, wish me luck, hope my doll likes it and doesn't wave me gone with a magic wand:wacko:

special thanks to KitchenElf, as always, you're a doll, I can't believe I could do this, yeah!!!!!!! Now I've just got to find that panzanella photo I took a couple of weeks ago.:huh:

By Gig2CookieViko

I made some lovely NY strip steaks which came out perfectly. I was worried because I've only recently begun to be able to make steak properly and up until now, had been using a big fry pan. However, I had found a huge Calphalon SS grill pan at an estate sale and had been dying to use it. So I did tonight and it worked wonderfully. Very pretty grill marks and it left more of the little brown bits than the other pan for some reason so the wine/butter sauce was especially good. You know, every time I make a good steak now, I say a mental thank you to everyone here at DC. (Actually, so does my family!)

We're having some difficulty here. Oven challenges since our oven has malfunctioned and the repair people haven't arrived. Were supposed to have had a baked salmon dish. Instead I've dropped back two and punted. We'll have my macaroni/tuna/baby pea salad. It's more of a hot weather dish and, since our weather's finally broken, kind of out of sync. Oh, well, we'll go with the flow. Ya do what ya do.

Lefse, you crack me up because of something my grandmother firmly believed in. That is that the older you ae, the more days you should celebrate your birthday. By the time she passed away, she was celebrating her birthday for a month. My husband and I share (He and I were born one day, 8 years apart -- I'm 5, he's 6 March) and this year we just were not enthusiastic about it because my mother was sick, and my husband is very close to my family. I was going to throw him a big party (the big six-oh), but his heart just wasn't into it with Mom being so sick. So ... we were just going to skip it. Maybe go to dinner. Instead our older friends insisted that they were going to throw a party, our restaurant owning friends bought us drinks, etc.

Every birthday should be celebrated, and when you're inclined to skip one, well this is what friends are for: to remind you that there is always a reason to celebrate another year of life.

The climate is still pretty toasty here, so... had healthy choice deli sliced thin turkey breast, swiss cheese, sliced avocado, and sliced tomatoes on an egg bagel (open faced) with mayo - nuked in the microwave until the cheese was melty - then added the avo, tomatoes. Assorted fruit cup for dessert.

I went to a dinner meeting last night and had a surprisingly good dinner, catered by the university where the meeting was held - bronzed salmon (it was baked with brown sugar, black pepper, and something else - I think it might have been ground coriander - on top), twice-baked potatoes, steamed asparagus, garden salad, fruit salad and Key lime pie. DH had leftover shrimp stir-fry.

It was a long day today and overtime at work all this week.
To tired to think about cooking so I had bowl of captain crunch cereal tonight and early to bed.

Back
Top Bottom