Tuesday September 27 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I am making the Thai curry again. This time I'm adding some fresh beans from the garden. The okra is also from the garden, as are the onion, eggplant, Thai basil, lemon mint, and tomatoes. I might add some lemongrass from the garden as well. I have some chicken left over from the weekend, so I'll probably saute that with some of the masala and add that to the veggies. For fun, I might add some chopped kale. I will serve this over rice to which I've added more of the chopped Thai basil. What are you making?

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/thai-okra-eggplant-tomato-curry-73108.html

Have to eat early and alone this evening as I have a condo board meeting tonight.

Rummaging around in the deep freezer, I found a container of mystery leftovers. At first I thought it was pot roast but now, as it defrosts, I think it might be beef goulash. If it is, that's our dinner tonight. I'll cook up some egg noodles and go from there. I'll leave the leftover leftovers for SO.

I'm debating wild west salmon or mediterranean chicken breasts. Decisions decisions! Whew! That wore me out...time for a nap! ;)

I don't know yet. I haven't had any green beans in a while...
Maybe I'll make some green beans with bacon and diced potatoes.

I'm debating wild west salmon or mediterranean chicken breasts. Decisions decisions! Whew! That wore me out...time for a nap! ;)

OK, mediterranean chicken tonight. I know it will surprise you all to know that there are lemons in my house to use up. ;) Lemons, black olives, fresh tomatoes from the garden, some onions and lots of oregano and pepper on top of chicken breasts in the oven. I'll serve with pasta and have a big salad on the side. Salad type still to be determined.

DH is teaching tonight and I spent the afternoon visiting DS#1 and shopping. I picked up a take and bake pizza that I'll cook up and have salads. It's something that DH can eat whenever he gets home.

I decided to go Mediterranean, too. I'm going to make some Med wraps using sautéed snapper with Greek seasoning, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, romaine lettuce and a caper tartar sauce. All because I've got part of a cuke to use up and the jar of peppers is open. Those peppers don't last long before they start falling apart.

I decided to go Mediterranean, too. I'm going to make some Med wraps using sautéed snapper with Greek seasoning, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, romaine lettuce and a caper tartar sauce. All because I've got part of a cuke to use up and the jar of peppers is open. Those peppers don't last long before they start falling apart.

Take a picture! I'll try to remember to do the same and we can compare.

Take a picture! I'll try to remember to do the same and we can compare.

How about a "file photo" sans the olives? :LOL:

Attachments

• Med wrap2.JPG
    Med wrap2.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 145
Mine's not cooked yet, but you can see the precooked version.

Attachments

• IMG_20110927_161824.jpg
    IMG_20110927_161824.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 159
There's lots, you got about 2 hours to get here. I have to delay dinner because of a volleyball game. Dessert will be mint/choc chip cake. Sorry...crappy photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20110927_162909.jpg
    IMG_20110927_162909.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 145
There's lots, you got about 2 hours to get here. I have to delay dinner because of a volleyball game. Dessert will be mint/choc chip cake. Sorry...crappy photo.

Leave the key under the mat ;)

Back
Top Bottom