Tuesday the 17th - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I liked the Chipotle pork recipe Sir_Loin_of_Beef posted the other day so I took it as the starting point for dinner.

I made up the marinade from that recipe and I'm marinating a 2-pound piece of pork butt. Later I'll hickory smoke it on my Weber kettle rather than braising it as the original recipe called for.

I hadn't even thought of it yet (didn't take anything out to thaw). Probably the last of the KFC chicken along with zucchini, and potatoes.

I picked up some ribeyes, sweet corn (on the cob sale priced $0.19 each), troll buggers (brussel sprouts). That should fill folks up tonight.

I have some leftover Crispy Chinese Roast Chicken & baby bok choy. Making a grilled baby bok choy salad with mandarin oranges to go with the chicken.

Leftover chili mac & cheese. I'd freeze it and make something else, but the freezer is full.

We're going out for "date night". We're going to one of our favourite, local (walking distance) restaurants, Casa Grecque. Looks like they are having a shrimp festival and a special on scampi, so I will probably have shrimp or scampi. It's bring your own wine. Yay, I get to drink more than one glass, 'cause we're walking. :angel:

We're headed to a corporate open house, where they'll be serving appetizers and stuff TBD.

Pork marinated in sesame/ginger sauce and maybe done on skewers. I'll decide how to cook them in a bit. I'll also be doing a big salad and some rice (white) tonight.

I'm making a version of Kadesma's mayo/ dijon chicken (a "version" because I didn't have any panko left) :)

I am making chicken stir fried rice with some of yesterday's szechuan chix, and I pulled some veggies from a mixed bag of veggies from the freezer to add to it. I hope I don't create More Leftovers.

busy baking cookies for my nurses so dinner will be pizza dough fried in hot evoo then stufffed with cheese and ham or prosciutto and dessert will be more of the same with honey. toss in a salad with tomatos,avocado,red onion and a bowl of soup and were done.
kades

I cooked a Turkey Breast for sandwich meat but couldn't resist making the first serving or two a "meal". (Don't tell my Dr. I made Gravy)
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing Rice
Gravy
Salad - non leafy green veggies. I have to watch my vitamin K intake.

View attachment 13521

Last edited:
PattY1 said:
I cooked a Turkey Breast for sandwich meat but couldn't resist making the first serving or two a "meal". (Don't tell my Dr. I made Gravy)
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing Rice
Gravy
Salad - non leafy green veggies. I have to watch my vitamin K intake.

Your new camera takes great pics, Patty! Looks good!

Burgers on sourdough and some tots. Sushi if I can talk my wife into it. Tomorrow is her Birthday so it won't take much persuading I think.

Sushi it was! We also had some out of this world Korean short ribs on a bed of cooked onions with some asparagas seasoned with furikake.

Back
Top Bottom