Tuesday's Dinner 12/16/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Boy, it sure is quiet around here today. Everybody OK?

What's up for dinner?

I'm defrosting some lamb cubes for a lamb and okra stew.

At work today so frozen leftovers reheated in the michaelwave.

A Lamb Pilaff in my 'dog bowl'. We are slightly sympatico Andy M!

I've been busy all morning working on the no-sew blankets for my 6 grands for Christmas. :)

It's only 11AM here so haven't thought too much about dinner yet, but did find a package of pulled pork in the freezer - so I think it'll be tacos and an avocado.

It's my mother-in-law's birthday, so we are taking her out to dinner tonight. When asked where she wanted to go, she said Outback Steakhouse. I've never eaten at one, so I have no idea what to expect. Their website makes me think it's an Applebee's or Olive Garden type of chain place - except with a steak theme.

...Their website makes me think it's an Applebee's or Olive Garden type of chain place - except with a steak theme.

Right on. They're a pretend Australian steakhouse. You can get a good steak there. We don't go there any more because we were treated badly once.

Everybody okay here, just working on some time consuming projects, such as the affordable healthcare act...can't wait until I'm 65....anyway, haven't thought about dinner yet. Probably something from the freezer; need to check that out.

Right on. They're a pretend Australian steakhouse. You can get a good steak there. We don't go there any more because we were treated badly once.
Well, that's never good.

I guess I'll have a steak tonight, since that appears to be their specialty. When in Rome... or pretend Sydney, as the case may be. ;)

Finally cutting into the cryovac pork loin I got last Thursday. I'll freeze three chunks, taking one to OH to turn into pork chops our first day there. The fourth piece, about 2#, will be roasted with garlic, mustard and sage. I'm cleaning out fresh veggies too, and tonight's star will be green beans. Big salads. Maybe bake a potato for Himself.

It's my mother-in-law's birthday, so we are taking her out to dinner tonight. When asked where she wanted to go, she said Outback Steakhouse. I've never eaten at one, so I have no idea what to expect. Their website makes me think it's an Applebee's or Olive Garden type of chain place - except with a steak theme.

Their first claim to fame was the "Bloomin Onion", but the clue that something isn't Aussie is the Foster's beer.:ohmy:

Fried Shrimp & a Spinach Salad...

img_1402601_0_204e5962973b64f06cd8c78eb9ee1c30.jpg

Steve, I'm sure you're gone by now, but they have really great coconut shrimp at the Outback.

My every Tues "lunch bunch" ladies had lunch at the Aloha Steak & Seafood today. The view from the boardwalk over the ocean with the pier and Channel islands was just breathtaking with the distant dark clouds filled with rain. I would have loved to stay till sunset, as I bet it was spectacular.

Oh yeah...cooking. I'm making Zuppa Tuscano with mixed southern greens instead of kale. We love that soup.

had to do baking for tomorrow's work luncheon, so I picked up a whole chicken and sides from the Peruvian restaurant next to my store, it's seriously fantastic!

Hubby thawed some ground buffalo we had in the freezer and turned it into burgers. We used these great jalapeno cheese buns the local grocery store makes. The side dish was seasoned sweet potatoes slices roasted in the oven.

Steve, I'm sure you're gone by now, but they have really great coconut shrimp at the Outback.
I absolutely love coconut shrimp; I'll have to try it another time.

I had a nice wood fired ribeye, some asparagus, and a salad with blue cheese dressing. The blue cheese dressing was bordering on excellent, I might add.

Overall, I was fairly impressed. It was better than I was expecting.

I buy jumbo shrimp and use 3 or 4 to go with a modestly priced cut of steak. I've not made coconut shrimp marinade...I've just butter coated them with garlic powder. How do you coconut marinade 4 jumbo shrimp coconut style to go with a modestly priced steak? Does McCormick's sell coconut shavings or something?

I did a freezer dive and came up with some homemade sausage, tomatoes and corn from the garden, so threw together a one skillet dish with sausage, chopped tomato, toasted corn, onion, garlic. Nothing special, just something quick that hit the spot (I had considered corn chowder, but decided to hold off on that until I have some shrimp to toss in).

My every Tues "lunch bunch" ladies had lunch at the Aloha Steak & Seafood today. The view from the boardwalk over the ocean with the pier and Channel islands was just breathtaking with the distant dark clouds filled with rain. I would have loved to stay till sunset, as I bet it was spectacular.

Oh yeah...cooking. I'm making Zuppa Tuscano with mixed southern greens instead of kale. We love that soup.

Kayelle, I looked this restaurant up... I hope you gals had the Hula Pie!

Oh My Gravy All Over My Two Scoops Rice (that's OMG! in my world)

I LOVE Hula Pie, I haven't had that in the longest time!
I can't find Macadamia Nut Ice Cream here in the middle of the desert, or I'd make it myself, FOR SURE!

Do they also serve steamed white rice, the kind we like in Hawaii?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom