Tuesday's...............dinner 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One dish I used to love, but haven't been able to eat for a while, is black beans and rice. Too many carbs. So I came up with a new version today. It's black soy beans and cilantro-lime cauliflower rice. The black soy beans are very low in carbohydrates, but taste exactly like my old favorite.

Yum! It's getting added into the meal rotation. :yum:

img_1504925_0_5ed125d1751f6ddd2c85a29a5c216b8f.jpg
Nice hack Steve. Isn't it fun to find a way to enjoy an old favorite by morphing into a new and improved version?

The shoulder of pork I accidentally defrosted yesterday when I was rooting about in the freezer for sausages. Went into the garage this morning to put something in the freezer and found the pork on the window sill all ready to cook. I'll be eating it forever.....oink, oink!

The shoulder of pork I accidentally defrosted yesterday when I was rooting about in the freezer for sausages. Went into the garage this morning to put something in the freezer and found the pork on the window sill all ready to cook. I'll be eating it forever.....oink, oink!

Isn't it wonderful to have your mind made up for you?:LOL: Well, you are in the right place to find out what to do with leftovers.

How is Tetley doing? Haven't heard in a while.

Isn't it wonderful to have your mind made up for you?:LOL: Well, you are in the right place to find out what to do with leftovers.

How is Tetley doing? Haven't heard in a while.

Tetley's doing very well. He's 26 now. The vet came to do his vaccinations last week and said how well he was looking. He hasn't been out much this winter - fortunately he is quite happy to stay in when the weather's bad and there is a horse walker on the yard (a sort of roundabout to exercise them when they can't go out). He isn't impressed but puts up with it. He has started going out now when the weather is fine and despite his absence during the winter he's slipped easily back into his role as "field master". He isn't aggressive - he just gives a hard stare to the younger horses and they behave themselves. It's quite funny watching them.

Lisa, who shares him and his work, rides him out on Sundays when the weather is fine which he seems to enjoy it. The cataract doesn't seem to bother him and we think he's more or less blind in that eye now. (There's an eventer (cross-country+show jumping+dressage) who is blind in one eye & he wins everything going at a very high level.

I'll tell him you were enquiring after him:)

I did a Jamie Oliver recipe with it. It was basically pulled pork by any other name. 6 hours in the slow cooker.

The gravy was delicious but the meat tasted like stewed knitting ie - like nothing. It sort of confirmed my suspicions about pulled pork.However, I won't waste it. Some of it is frozen and I'm having some tonight.

Last edited:
I did a Jamie Oliver recipe with it. It was basically pulled pork by any other name. 6 hours in the slow cooker.

The gravy was delicious but the meat tasted like stewed knitting ie - like nothing. It sort of confirmed my suspicions about pulled pork.However, I won't waste it. Some of it is frozen and I'm having some tonight.
That's too bad. The pulled pork I make is delicious :yum:

Back
Top Bottom