Tuesday's...............dinner 3/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I plan on making some sausage gravy, braised swiss card, and mashed potatoes. But I am also roasting a turkey breast for DH's lunch boxes. Someone may request a layer of mashed potatoes, turkey, topped with sausage gravy. Anyway, it will be some combination of those foods.

What are you fixing?

It appears our household consists of a sicko, a carbo, and a Gordon so we're having a soups and salads.

Jeannie wanted Pork Chow Mein so, I faked not feeling like cooking and took her to her fave Chinese place.. I WILL scoop ice cream later tho...

Ross

We're having the rest of the ground beef, Papillon blue cheese, wild rice, rosemary stuffed bell peppers that we made about a month ago and froze half of the batch. Homemade steak sauce as a side.

...child is fair of face.

Chicken tenders were on sale. I normally don't buy them, but a package ended up in the cart. I'll use them for Piccata because I have a taste for capers. Go figure. Side is red potatoes/green beans/shallot roasted in the oven. Maybe a salad so I can use stuff up, but I'm cold today and I'd rather have the soup I'm not going to make. :(

taylor's ham.jpg

taylor's ham sammie.jpg
This was our late lunch, we got kinda busy today...
Taylor's Ham Sandwiches on a Hard Roll with Spicy Brown Mustard and Swiss for DH and Sharp Provolone for myself... Bagged Potato chips and an ice cold Ginger Ale to wash it all down with.

We may skip dinner, but if DH gets hungry later there's always hard Salami, Cheese, Olives and Crackers... or Ice Cream ... or both ;)

One dish I used to love, but haven't been able to eat for a while, is black beans and rice. Too many carbs. So I came up with a new version today. It's black soy beans and cilantro-lime cauliflower rice. The black soy beans are very low in carbohydrates, but taste exactly like my old favorite.

Yum! It's getting added into the meal rotation. :yum:

img_1504913_0_5ed125d1751f6ddd2c85a29a5c216b8f.jpg

View attachment 26543

View attachment 26544
This was our late lunch, we got kinda busy today...
Taylor's Ham Sandwiches on a Hard Roll with Spicy Brown Mustard and Swiss for DH and Sharp Provolone for myself... Bagged Potato chips and an ice cold Ginger Ale to wash it all down with.

We may skip dinner, but if DH gets hungry later there's always hard Salami, Cheese, Olives and Crackers... or Ice Cream ... or both ;)

You meant to type "Pork Roll," but hit the wrong keys, right? ;)

CD

Back
Top Bottom