Tuesday's dinner...3-6-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Heaven forbid one day go by without a dinner thread! :ohmy::LOL:

I had Chinese take-out. :) What did everyone else have?

Last edited:
Looks like we were the only ones who ate tonight.

I sous vide and seared a small bone in pork loin chop, and steamed a large portion of broccoli and cauliflower. I'm not sure which one was the "side."

Just a quick snapshot tonight. All my gear is on the studio floor from last week's mega shoot.

CD

Attachments

• Chop-and-broc.jpg
    Chop-and-broc.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 159
We ate! We ate! Leftovers (stuffed cabbage, green beans, mashed potatoes) with the addition of freshly steamed broccoli. A bit of mocha almond ice cream. And it was a "bit" - we'll manage 8 servings from a carton that is shown to have 6. Yay us! Baby steps...

Tamales with roasted poblanos, corn, onion, garlic, chihuahua cheese and a few other things. I made the masa and decided to pulverize some frozen (thawed) corn to use in the dough to give it more flavor. Worked out pretty well I think.

Attachments

• 2018-03-07 08.32.45.jpg
    2018-03-07 08.32.45.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 103
Finally arrived home yesterday and were exhausted so a quick defrost of a pasta sauce and cooked some pasta a that was dinner. I love having a freezer in the basement.

Beige dinner last night [emoji38] I made pan-seared pork chops with Penzeys chicken and rib rub and applesauce with Pie Spice. DH came home from grocery shopping with a container of 7-Grain Salad from the deli. It needed more flavor, so I added chopped marinated sun-dried tomatoes, red wine vinegar and salt. Turned out pretty good. I wonder if I could make a variety of grains like that all at once in the Instant Pot.
0306181959a.jpg

Tamales with roasted poblanos, corn, onion, garlic, chihuahua cheese and a few other things. I made the masa and decided to pulverize some frozen (thawed) corn to use in the dough to give it more flavor. Worked out pretty well I think.
I love putting corn kernels in the masa. The pop of fresh corn flavor makes a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom