Tuesday's Dinner (July 12th 2011)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ended up having burritos. I had some hamburger already browned and frozen. Nuked it and added a can of corn, can of black beans and a can of Rotel. We added cheese, sour cream and lettuce and wrapped it all up in a flour tortilla. Got the protein, starch. dairy and veggies all in one.

rack of lamb with some roasted vegetables, and a pear-gorganzola tart for dessert with some chocolate and Pinot Noir.....I bought a triple chocolate cheese cake to suprise my wife and daughter. Its a secret.
The vegetables with some oregano going into the oven
The lamb seared and joining the veggies
Pear-Gorganzola tart-make sure to use very sweet and ripe pears

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
You're killin me Rock!! That dinner is out of this world gorgeous and the lamb is cooked to perfection!!

Husband has a dinner meeting tonight so I'm playing clean out refrigerator. :unsure:

I made enchiladas tonight. We also had spice cake that our friend made. She sent some home with us after eating at her house last night.

We decided that the best way to keep the house cool was to go to McDonald's. LOL I ended my meal with a Rolo McFlurry. Good and cold!

wow, rock. just wow! that's my kind of b-day dinner.

i had another productive day despite the heat. got the pool cleaned, added diatomaceous earth to the filter to trap the fine particulates, got the garden weeded, and watered the lawn letting the little heathens next door run through the sprinkler with my boy.

i'm just now picking up dinner: 3 all the way (hot dogs with onions, mustard, smotheted in texas weiner sauce), a side o fries, and a large salad.

it's crap, but i think i deserve it. :pig: :) i guess pacanis's hot dogs were in the back of my mind all day as i weeded.

it's odd, but new jersey is the only place i've seen texas weiner sauce.

Last edited:
I forgot to say

Happy Birthday, Rock!!

Tonight, I made simple salads with just sliced chicken tenders on top with warm rolls. Definitely, nothing fancy, but it tasted good!

img_1022803_0_8dab572fea17564b461dcf4d49bb7532.jpg

Beautiful dinner, Rock.

TX wiener sauce? Is that like chili sauce or Greek sauce?

i guess it's more like a chili sauce, but i wouldn't call it chili. it's finely ground beef in a brown gravy, nothing else added.

there's a few places in jersey that have texas weiner sauce, each has a distinct flavour/flavor... taste. :)

I thought it might be a ground beef sauce, but for all I knew it might have been TX Pete's hot sauce. It may be similar to our Greek sauce. That is typically brownish.

Back
Top Bottom