Tuesday's Dinner - Nov 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know at least one of two of my friends will be eating crow and the other lobster because of the bet they made on the outcome of the election. The loser buys lobster dinner for 4 at a classy joint in Cleveland (well, it's expensive anyway. There's really nothing classy in Cleveland. :LOL:). Anytime there's a 50% chance I'm going to lose a $200 bet, I don't make it.

Italian sausage with onions and green peppers for me tonight, with some NYT bread. Simple and delicious.

Joe

I'm in the mood for gravy.... quick and easy, so I'm going to pan fry a couple sirloin burgers, add some mushrooms and onions, then some partially steamed carrots, remove the burgers and carrots when they are done, turn the mushrooms and onions into gravy, then plate it up with some mashed potatoes and the gravy poured over everything.

Same as Pacanis minus the carrots. Adding a side of corn instead. This is a gravy sort of day!

Corn is nice. I was going to have broccoli. I even picked some up when I picked up the shrooms, but I'm curious if I can get the carrots to do what I want them to do. Just figured I give it a try. I don't cook/eat enough cooked carrots and I love them.

Think about it, you usually congratulate someone for an accomplishment that required a lot of effort... :D
...and what part of marriage doesn't require a lot of effort? With 36 years under my belt, I will say that both of us work at making our marriage work. Times have not always been smooth sailing, and at times one or the other of us could have easily thrown in the towel and walked away. But we didn't. We talked, we compromised, we conceeded, we prayed and we've stayed together. We know too many couples who walked away from their marriage over things that we learned get over in short order.

Congratulations...to both of you! Many, many more happy years ahead. And, never go to sleep angry at each other.

JoeV

Well, relationship talk aside...
The gravy fix I desired was fulfilled :)

Attachments

• 11-4 dinner.jpg
    11-4 dinner.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 151
Pssst, Bob... Don't you know you're never supposed to congratulate a lady on her marriage? ;)

Happy Anniversary BC!

Old woman that I am, I was taught all these things, and the proper rule of etiquette is to congratulate the groom and give the bride your best wishes.

But after making it two years, I think you should both be congratulated.

Now add another twenty years, heartaches, hard times and hard work...
My wish for you is that you will be as happy as Kim and I.

OOOOOO Pacanis that looks AWESOME!
I am so mushroom deprived it's not even funny. DH won't eat anything they've even been cooked in and picked out of....
:(
My dinner was good but totally NOT worth burning myself TWICE.
Nathan (the 4 yr old that wont eat anything) ate though... there's a miracle in itself....

I forgot to mention...Kim and I went to O'Charley's for lunch, and I had one of their new dishes...Twice Baked Salmon with horseradish sauce. The fish is seared on a hot grill and then finished off in the oven. I got a big thick fillet of perfectly cooked, nicely seasoned salmon that was crusty on the outside, but moist and tender on the inside. The horseradish sauce was flavorful but not overbearing. I would still like to sell them my dill sauce recipe.

i see you moved the box a little further back tonight ..:ROFLMAO:

:LOL: Thanks for the laugh, you.... That was good.

Thanks Suzi. I feel for you. I love mushrooms. Any uneven slices get popped in my mouth, or any particularly good looking slice..... come to think of it, I think it's five for the pot, one for me ;)

You can't blame me for all that!!! Girl, you were cookin up the whole kitchen!!! :LOL:

OH.. Happy belated Anniversary BC!

Chili or meatloaf or more pea soup or beef dips from last night's roast, or ....... AGHHH

SATTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't blame me for all that!!! Girl, you were cookin up the whole kitchen!!! :LOL:

I wasn't blaming you...just wanted you to help me pick something for dinner! Ended up using some of the beef for the meatloaves and made salisbury steaks. DH is putting his foot down though....while he is glad I am cleaning out the freezer, he wants me to stop restocking it!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks GG. I'm thinking of making the gravy again when I make meatloaf (today or tomorrow). I won't have the fond, but that won't stop me (lol). I love mashed potatoes and gravy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom