Tuesday's Evening Meal 4/11/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I woke up this morning with a craving for a McD's sausage McMuffin, and ate one in my car in the McD's parking lot with a cup of McD's coffee, which is actually good coffee, IMO. I'm having one of those kinds of days. Don't tell my doctor.

CD

Interesting about Micky D's... We have been stopping there once a month for exactly what you had.. Its been about 3 months now.. In the previous years and years I think I'd had breakfast food there maybe half a dozen times.. Cravings are strange...

Interesting about Micky D's... We have been stopping there once a month for exactly what you had.. Its been about 3 months now.. In the previous years and years I think I'd had breakfast food there maybe half a dozen times.. Cravings are strange...

There are two times I eat fast food. One is when I need to eat something, and don't have time to eat something good, and the other is when I get a craving.

IMO, the only food McD's does well is breakfast food. And, I sometimes wake up with a craving for it.

The other craving I get is for a Whataburger, which is a Texas thing.

CD

We like McD's breakfast too. We drive out to Jr's to take care of the grandkids once/week. Stop at the first McD's we stub our toes on, coffee, which I agree is quite good, and a sausage biscuit for me and egg mcmuffin for her. The only other thing I like is their fish sammie. Otherwise we tend to avoid fast food.

I made home made chicken pot pie with simmered chix, veggies and gravy. I baked biscuits for serving the casserole over on the plate, skipping a step of oven baking the whole-- I was hungry.

We like McD's breakfast too. We drive out to Jr's to take care of the grandkids once/week. Stop at the first McD's we stub our toes on, coffee, which I agree is quite good, and a sausage biscuit for me and egg mcmuffin for her. The only other thing I like is their fish sammie. Otherwise we tend to avoid fast food.

I made home made chicken pot pie with simmered chix, veggies and gravy. I baked biscuits for serving the casserole over on the plate, skipping a step of oven baking the whole-- I was hungry.

Many moons ago, I had a cup of coffee at McD's and I spit the first mouthful back into the cup. So a few years pass and someone brought me a cup of McD coffee. I tried it and surprise, surprise. I love it. I had read between that first mouthful and the next time, that they had changed their coffee. It was definitely a change for the better.

That in bold brings back wonderful cooking memories of the 80's.. I had such fun smoking up the kitchen as I plopped butter into an insanely hot skillet and made his Blackened Redfish... At the time, half the fun was watching guests eyes go wide at the cloud of smoke, swearing that I was ruining the fish.. The other half of the fun was seeing and hearing the expressions of pleasure as they, sometime hesitantly, brought the fish to their mouths.. Of course I always served the fish with Red Beans and Rice.. Those offerings were seldom seen, at that time, in the part of California I lived in... Great fun...

Jeannie says her quesadillas are simply cheese, olives, chopped chilies, green onions, whatever protein is left from a previous meal and any little goodie she finds in the fridge that seems fun to add.. All topped with sour cream, of course...( I say 'she says" because I keep out of the kitchen when she cooks )
Somehow they are totally marvelous..

I do the blackening for us. I use the jet cooker and a CI frying pan. I get the pan white hot before adding the meat/fish/chicken. It has to be done outside due to the amount of smoke generated. We love a blackened steak salad and blackened grouper.:yum:

Yes it did... I was teasing Addie... :)

I understood that.

I do have very thick skin. If I thought it was meant to be mean, I would have just ignored it. I do that quite often when someone has the wont to attack me. It just roles off my back. And if I find them to be too offensive, I just block them. I have too many good things going on in my life to let in anything bad. :)

I understood that.

I do have very thick skin. If I thought it was meant to be mean, I would have just ignored it. I do that quite often when someone has the wont to attack me. It just roles off my back. And if I find them to be too offensive, I just block them. I have too many good things going on in my life to let in anything bad. :)
Rest assured that I would never, purposely, be mean to anyone.. I do like to tease... :)

I do the blackening for us. I use the jet cooker and a CI frying pan. I get the pan white hot before adding the meat/fish/chicken. It has to be done outside due to the amount of smoke generated. We love a blackened steak salad and blackened grouper.:yum:

Blackening used to be great fun when I had houses with strong kitchen air fans..

For reasons which I do not understand, neither apartment we have had since downsizing even has a kitchen fan.. I don't have access to outside cooking so blackening is pretty much out now.. Even stove top grilling is messy but, I do it anyway.. :)

Even when we had a good outside ventilation system, I didn't want Craig blackening in the house, and he didn't either, it's just too much smoke if done correctly. With a pro system/industrial system I guess, but residential, NOPE!

I managed to blacken the house once. Got some beautiful fish fillets (don't remember what kind), some Cajun seasoning, and blackened away. The fish were delicious. The walls, curtains, and furniture, not so much. And having to open all the windows in the middle of January cooled things off quite a bit. So outdoor blackening here too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom