Tuesday's Menu? 9th Sept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Stirling's burgers:

20140909_193227.jpg

And my burger:

20140909_193823.jpg

Yours is definitely the winner! Stirling's burgers should be arrested for indecent exposure. :glare:

This was the non-Conrad ground beef. I like that it has more fat. Yup, noticeably tastier meat.

What kind of roast are you doing?
Rump. And grass-fed beef is the bomb. It is sooooo much better than supermarket or grain-fed. I'll never be able to eat supermarket beef again!

Last edited:
I did a shake and bake thingy with chicken leg quarters tonight in the oven. I used a pre-mixed coating with dry ranch dressing in it and it was delicious!

I dragged the leg quarters through an egg coating, then stuck them in a bag with the dry mix and coated them thoroughly, then baked them at 400 in the oven for about 45 - 50 minutes.

Yum! We also had corn on the cob and homemade cole slaw.

Buuuuuuurrrrp.

Taxy...first thing I noticed were those grill marks. :ohmy: :yum: Both of your burgers are mouthwatering.

Tonight's dinner for me was bacon and eggs. :huh: :LOL:

we've been buying grass fed and finished buffalo from Grass fed buffalo meat - Wild Idea Buffalo Company

it's really, noticeably better. yeah, it costs 3 to 4 x as much, but since dw rarely eats red meat, we might as well buy the best we can find as a treat.
I agree. My cousins had a buffalo ranch...it was sooooo good. The Highland grass-fed beef TL and I bought is also very goooooood.

Lunch will be sautéed cauliflower with oregano, garlic and olive oil with fresh bread.

Dinner is pan-grilled steaks with roasted carrots and potatoes.

Mild chili for DW. For the 2 cups of chili left, I added one dried Buk Jalokia, 1 fresh, dark red Jalapeno that grew right next to my habenero (both very hot, extra chili powder, and extra cumin, all to give it that just right balance of heat and flavor.:chef: I'll be eating that for lunch tomorrow too.

Oh, the other indredients were dark red kidney beans, pinto beans, freshly sliced celery, rustic chopped onion, coriander, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and ground beef that was browned and seasoned with a little salt. I drained a can of whole tomatoes, diced the tomatoes, and added them to the first batch of chili, before the heat and real flavor were added.

DW loved the chili. With her tongue, it was well spiced, and not too hot. For me it was pretty bland.

I'll be sweatin' just a little at lunch tomorrow, and clearing out my sinuses as well. :mrgreen::w00t2:

Now, the question is, do I offer some to my co-workers?:devilish:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom