Tuesday's Official Dinner Thread 12/03/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
As it's SO's birthday, I asked her what she wanted for dinner (that we had in the house) and she asked for roast chicken, stuffing and a veggie. The chicken is in the oven. The rest will follow.

What are your dinner plans?

Didn't feel like cooking...
Slab of Lasagna from the Freezer and Pasta Salad, carried in...

Lasagna, Pasta Salad.jpg

We had our first really cold snap of the year, lows in high 40s, and that's COLD for here (don't laugh, we are in subtropics), so we each made our own version of chili.

I decided to have the Picadillo tonight, but I did make tuna salad for tomorrow. This way I don't have to think about supper after we get home from the eye doctor and a wee bit of grocery shopping while we're on that side of town.
IMG_20191203_204130849.jpg

Stopped at Perkin's today for lunch. Tried their new Ham, Egg and Cheese Crepes with fruit and hash browns.Very good, the honeydew was not ripe. But, I was only able to eat half, so had the rest for supper.

We had a really good pot of Turkey Soup along with Hawaiian rolls.
I copied the details from Janet's Turkey soup thread..
Since our T day debacle (details at the sick room), we both are in need of some comfort turkey soup. No turkey carcass here, but Souschef found a big turkey thigh in the freezer from last year, without freezer burn, so I'll be using that for the soup. I have lots of veggies to join the party, along with Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley (brown rice, black barley and daikon radish seeds). It's very good stuff. It will be cooked at least half way before adding it, as I don't want it drinking up all the turkey/veggie broth. I'll be finishing off the broth with a good amount of fresh Meyer lemon juice, like I always do for poultry soup because I think it adds a wonderful brightness. It will be nice to be back in the kitchen with my Honey.

We ordered Thai. I had the tom yum soup and DH had fried rice with chicken and basil. He said it was boring and won't be ordering that again.

I made fruit salad for dessert: oranges, bananas, apples, raisins, chopped walnuts, and cherries from the freezer. It was a little bit dry, so we added a bit of porto and that was perfect.

I was having a craving for Indian food, so I made a fried dal, with 5 different types of dal, plus I added a half cup of whole oats. I also diced up a potato to put into it (one I had labeled "use soon"!). A little hot pepper chutney on the side, and just a simple apple for dessert, or more like a snack later.
Fried dal, made with 5 dal, some oat groats, and a diced potato. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I had 1/2 a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich for dinner last night.

Because of eye surgery, we had both breakfast and dinner out..

Aside to PF... Our Perkins closed, due to landlord problems, and we miss it.. :(

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom