Tuesday's Supper 9/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning,

Cloudy, dreary day here on Long Island. There's a chance of rain in our forecast for everyday this week.

A favorite comfort food for our dinner tonight. Meatloaf, smashed garlic red potatoes, and sauteed peas with shallots and pancetta.

Enjoy the day!

My daughter and grandson are coming for dinner tonight and I'm making a family favorite - American Chop Suey. Some know it as goulash or slumgullion. Basically, it's green peppers, garlic and onions in a tomato sauce with ground beef mixed with elbow mac.

Made up a big pot of posole. Well, I call it posole but it doesn't have any pork in it, so it's probably more of a succotash stew. Hominy, pinto beans, and squash in a chile-infused tomato sauce. Hearty indigenous American food. :chef:

I have a whole chicken in the crockpot. I'll be making creamy chicken enchiladas, spanish rice and guacamole salad.

mmm, I love goulash.

I'm going to be making Kayelle's lamb meatballs with asparagus in lemon sauce tonight. I wish she had a picture of it, I'm not sure if it is supposed to look like a stew or simply meatballs with a little sauce drizzled on. And I think she's traveling now... I've got half a notion to serve it on egg noodles.

Hitting the stores this afternoon and will decide then. I'm kinda hungry for a good burger so may do that tonight on the grill. Need fresh veggies so will pick up some tomatoes and lettuce and green beans and perhaps some other stuff for salads. Whatever the mood strikes me at the store. The menu is subject to change though. DH is teaching tonight (I'm not back in the swing of his being gone for dinner).

Just put on a big kettle of homemade vegetable soup to simmer all afternoon. I think for dessert we will have some peaches with whipped cream.

I am thinking about making a roasted carrot soup. If I don't make it tonight, then I will make it tomorrow. I pulled the carrots from the garden this afternoon.

Got back from the grocery and burgers it is. There really wasn't much there that looked good for supper. Did pick up some nice veggies and will make salads and corn pudding with the burgers.

i want to eat at the hutto's tonight! :)

welcome, mrs..

actually, i'm running out for chinese right now. spring rolls, roast pork yat gaw mein soup, spicy beef chow ho fun, shrimp and broccoli.

change of plans. still going to chinese takeout, but they also do pretty good tex mex.

so, steak enchiladas with mexican rice, broccoli in garlic sauce (need my veggies), and a roast pork yat gaw mein soup to have with my boy for breakfast tomorrow when i get home in the morn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom