"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Tuesday's Tasty Table 10/5

Good morning everyone,

Kids getting ready to head off to school and it's another rain day here on Long Island. I don't think we'll see the sun until Thursday

I have a bunch of errands to run this morning and then home to catch up on paperwork before everyone starts to come home.

Dinner tonight will be a Rachel Ray recipe that I've made several times before and it's yummo ... lol.

Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts or any combination of light and dark meat
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 2 to 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
  • 1/3 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 2 scallions, whites and greens, finely chopped
In a large pan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high to high heat. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. When the oil is hot and ripples, add the chicken and brown for 5 minutes, then turn and sprinkle with rosemary. Cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes more.

In a small bowl, stir together the marmalade, vinegar and stock and pour over the chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and becomes a thin glaze. Add the scallions during the last minute of cooking time.

She serves this over arugula, but that won't fly in this house. So I'll serve this over long grain white rice and roasted asparagus on the side.

HAGD

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Is a "Tasy Table" like an "Easy Bake Oven?" -

Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
Senior Cook

Sorry . . . I guess it's too early in the morning ... lol. I tried to fix it, but the edit option is not there.

It should read: Tuesday's Tasty Table
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Executive Chef

I'm getting ready to put together a meatloaf, ala Martha Stewart, scrubbing up some yukon gold and beauregard sweet potatoes to bake along with a loaf of whole wheat bread which is presently raising....getting ready for the onslaught of company for October...let's see, we have 22 visitor days already scheduled and am trying for two more....sure glad we implemented a no visitor policy two months ago....hate to see what would be happening without the policy
Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #5
Head Chef

Yesterday I had broth brewing all day. ; )

Today, I'm concentrating on making chicken noodle soup.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechef View Post
Sorry . . . I guess it's too early in the morning ... lol. I tried to fix it, but the edit option is not there.

It should read: Tuesday's Tasty Table

And does now.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #7
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
And does now.
Thank you, Frank!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Is a "Tasy Table" like an "Easy Bake Oven?" -
They are Easy Bake Microwaves now!! LOL And only if if you have a regular 100 watt bulb!! LOL I wonder if East Bake is going green? I mean can you cook with one of those curly bulbs!! LOL I think of strange things when I get sleep!! ROTFL!!

The plan: The plan is pasta salad with either chili over rice from yesterday or a burger with or without chili or roll (that is if I get out and get to the farm and/or store and pick up the rolls!!). If I do get to the store I will have a chili burger - roll, burger, chili, chopped raw onion & spicy mustard. YUMMY!!
The pasta salad is nicely melded. I know this because I had a sample for breakfast . I posted a pasta salad pic in yesterdays thread because that I made it last night but will repost below.

Side note: It is so dreary and threatening t-storms. This weather makes me hurt but I did get some sleep last night. Hub has car and will be running around for a few hours. I hope he gets done before the rain so I can do my things. I hate driving in the rain lately due to vision problems and the dull light brings on migraines once in awhile.

Pasta Salad – Marinated B/S chicken breast, broccoli, mushroom caps, green onions, black olives, stuffed green olives and small pasta shells; dressed with EVOO, flaxseed oil, red wine vinegar, sea salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper flakes, garlic & onion powders, thyme & rosemary.

I like to make this the night before so it has time to chill well and the flavors can meld.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I never did cook that halibut yesterday, I must today. I've been busy trying to use up all the veggies in the fridge and leftovers. I want the fridge almost empty when we leave.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Today I am making Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli and am serving it over penne. I really love the simplicity of that meal. Last night I made a knock off Zuppa Soup. It turned out really good!

betterthanabox.org
betterthanabox is offline   Reply With Quote