Turkey Day - What's REALLY on your table, Nov. 28, 2013?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself's sister had dinner at their home. She made breaded pork chops (seriously) along with fresh steamed Brussels sprouts and a tossed salad. I brought along the cranberry/apple/port wine relish, green beans, twice-baked potatoes, and pumpkin pie - had to have something traditional.

Missed the turkey. Really missed the stuffing. I'm stuffing a turkey breast and making all the sides either Friday or Saturday. Then it will feel like a Turkey Day! :LOL:

I pretty much made the menu I planned - roast turkey, mashed potatoes, thyme/sage stuffing with raisins, cherry sauce with shallots and balsamic vinegar, and yeast rolls. I was inspired by Steve Kroll's holiday Brussels sprouts idea and changed it up with green beans, pine nuts and dried cranberries. Delicious!

I haven't been feeling great for the last couple of weeks, so, although I made a pumpkin pie, we never had the tiramisu dessert I planned for DH's birthday dinner last week. He wanted that yesterday, so that's what I made. It's a quick tiramisu based on a recipe from Rachael Ray and we use Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies instead of lady fingers. No eggs; I whipped the mascarpone with vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon and mixed cold coffee with dark rum and Kahlua, dipped the cookies, put them in martini glasses, topped with mascarpone mixture and more cookies, another layer of mascarpone, topped with cocoa powder and cinnamon. Rich but yummy! :yum:

Attachments

• 2013-11-28 16.07.07.jpg
    2013-11-28 16.07.07.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 2013-11-28 19.51.08.jpg
    2013-11-28 19.51.08.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 196
Cousin's table was actually quite good compared to last year! Everything was edible, much gluten free...bean brownies? I didn't try them.

She provided Ziplock containers for leftovers.

We did turkey day part here the eating part at daughters house :ermm: We had Brisket and bbq sauce meat was great the bbq sauce was a walk through He!! I cooked the turkey s-I-l did the brisket, we had mashed potatoes and 2 kinds of gravy both turkey and brown, a relish tray, I also made figs stuffed with mascarpone, honey, chopped chives and black pepper then wrapped in prosciutto, deviled eggs, my dad's avocado dip and sliced baguette, a tray of cold meats, then we had ravioli with my meat sauce, Andy's mom's pilaf thanks again Andy, Carson pigged out on the pilaf as did I. The dressing had sautéed mushrooms, onions, celery, fresh chopped parsley I roasted some butternut squash with butter and dark brown sugar, homemade pumpkin rolls, lemon and pumpkin pies plus cheesecake all are stuffed and still full today. but the meal was wonderful and being with my kids was a treat.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom