Turkey injection questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harlan07

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is David and I have a problem.

I have Cajun injected and smoked many a birds but I messed up.

Normally I put 1/2 a cup of liquid crab boil along with some stock and a few other things.

Well tonight I accidentally shot the turkey up with 1/2 a cup of crab boil "concentrate". I finished one half of the turkey and then realizes what I had done. I tasted some of the sauce and needless to say it had some "heat"

It's a 16lb turkey so all is not lost, the other half will be fine. Just wont have leftovers.

Anyway, my question is: what could I do to dilute the hot injection? I shot it up with water and butter and lemon juice. Do you think that will help? Maybe some sugar water?

I can't think of a single thing to "Fix" this. Perhaps it would be better to spin the story...."I made a half cajun half savory turkey for us"

Food for thought. The only time my brother ever won a chili cook off, the lady that ground his chili peppers for him, made a mistake. Instead of the mild chili he used, she gave him another bag of cayanne.;)

The lemon juice might take away some of the heat. I use lemon to "cool" my mouth when I have eaten something too hot. Butter might help spread it more evenly.

I am curious to hear out it turned out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom