Valentine's Day dinner 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ash Wednesday dinner

The bishops tend to give special dispensation for St. Patrick's day if it falls on a Friday in Lent. If it does, they give their OK for you to enjoy corned beef and cabbage. I guess St. Valentine doesn't rate as highly, since we didn't get the OK to eat steak. :LOL:

Simple supper of an old classic favorite: Cheese Potato Soup from The Mother Earth News magazine. I've made this on occasion ever since we were married. Not too often, though, because it's basically a really thinned out pot of mashed potatoes that are pourable. They're really an excuse to pig out on cheese! :LOL: I think we each went through 1/4 pound of Longhorn by the time we were done eating. :pig:

When I was married, Valentines Day dinner was expected to include diamonds, sapphires, or both. And flowers.

Soooo, I don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about Valentines Day. :LOL:

CD
I am a really cheap Valentine. I get migraines from chocolate, am allergic to most flowers (especially roses), and I wear almost no jewelry because I am sensitive to gold, silver, and even surgical steel! So, fish and chips are a good choice! ;)

When DH and I first got together, he gave me jewelry for EVERY occasion (he said he didn't know any better, he had been told that's what you do).
Finally, I told him, I don't need stuff, let's go out to eat and have fun, go dancing, let's take a trip, let's do something (we worked WAY TOO MUCH back in the day).
We give each other funny, silly, goofy, make you laugh sorts of gifts now. I make him stuff, a card, brownies, a nice meal (ah but we do that lot ;))
He runs at the last minute to the gas station to buy me a card :LOL: He forgot today :ROFLMAO:
We have every thing that we need, I just want more time with him, that's all.
I hear you on that one, Kgirl!

We did Mother's Day out once, Kayelle. Worst. Dinner. Ever. We now avoid all of those Hallmark Holidays for dinner out.

cd gave you the technical info, Cheryl came by and worked her magic (she's straightened up some of my photos too), and now I'll give you my idea and suggestion. I've found that DC doesn't like photos taken in the "portrait" format, probably for the reasons cd mentioned. My solution? I take all of my food photos for DC in the "landscape" format unless I really need a vertical image. Then I post and wait for dear Cheryl to come along and straighten me up...literally! :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Thank you, CG!

The kids refused my offer of taking care of the cats as they went out to dinner...
Sooo... Daughter is making Pressure Pot chicken and mushrooms with sides of steamed asparagus and a green salad..

I usually make that but she wanted to play with the PP herself, so I'm relaxing with a cup of decafe.. :)

Ross
We changed the menu a bit and had a pretty good meal.. :yum:
Oops... Obviously too large... CHERYL!!! Turn it for me... :LOL:

Attachments

• IP Chicken and mushrooms.jpg
    IP Chicken and mushrooms.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 106
DH has been trying all day to convince me that we should go out to dinner for Valentine's Day (Ash Wednesday), until I said that I was making grilled Bacon and Cheese Burgers with French Fries and Rum Cake for dessert with whipped cream and fresh Strawberries :LOL:

Hey, have you noticed yet that Easter falls on April Fools Day this year. :ohmy: :LOL:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom