Valentines Day Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another stay-at-home for holidays couple here!! (And my birthday is just 3 days after V-day, so we always go somewhere nice for that anyway.) As stated before, the restaurants are crowded, many times the regular menu isn't available & you have to order from the "special" menu, & I can frankly live without the limp red rose or carnation usually handed out to every female diner at the door - lol!!

Our "traditional" Valentine's Day dinner for the past 10 years has been a couple of nice big Maine lobsters served up with lots of melted butter & lemon, shoestring potatoes, & a green salad. I also pick up or make something nice for dessert. Easy to make without a lot of fuss so I don't end up spending the whole evening in the kitchen.

Plus it allows us to be able to just kick back in comfy old clothes & watch some good old movies together.

Well..I am leaning towards prime ribe-eye on the grill...but am keeping my options open...I think for sure (after the icecream freezer discussion) I'll get out the White Mountain and crank up a batch!:)

lulu said:
I made the cake in my avatar last year....it was good! I really don't know what I'll do this year. Not a cake.....we ate cake and fell asleep early in a carb stupor! Oh dear, nothing springs to mind, thanks for getting me thinking now Uncle Bob.
What kind of cake is that lulu?

Don't know what we'll be doing. dh mentioned it a few days ago and I said "I dunno, what do you want?" His response, "I dunno." :LOL: Then he said something about chocolate.

Hoping for more ideas...

omarsox said:
:cry: Alone with a fifth of vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that reminds me, omar!

A former boyfriend once made me a delicious drink, called "Por Mi Amante". It was made of sliced strawberries steeped in tequila and agitated once a day, for 3 weeks, then strained and kept in the fridge to mellow for another 3 weeks.

The resulting drink was a beautiful ruby-red, mellow and delicious concoction that would be perfect for Valentine's Day. Trouble is, you'd have to start the recipe around New Year's Eve.

Well, maybe next year.

Lee

P.S. How did you choose your user name? Are you a Red Sox fan, by chance?

No QSis I'm not a baseball fan at all.The other one I tried was already taken

I think I'm going to order a Diordano's pizza from Chicago and have it overnighted to us even though the Fedex will cost more than the actual pizza. My husband LUVS Diordanos. I am going to order a box of See's Candy too. I'll make a salad with goat cheese, pine nuts, cranberries and balsamic.
We'll have some bubbly before the pizza too, to make it festive.

I'm planning a romantic dinner for DH and I.

Mixed Blend of Salad Greens with a Honey Mustard Dressing

Black Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin

Roasted Asparagus

Wild Long Grain Seasoned Rice

Individual Moulten Chocolate Cakes

I'm working evenings on Valentine's Day. :cry: So, I think we will have to just have nibblies later in the evening. Enjoy the day all of you.

Have not finalized plans.
Have not even initialized plans.

Well, I kinda thought about a chocolate dessert involving ramekins and heavy cream.

There might still be some dark chocolate Frango mints left in the freezer downstairs by Wednesday (if we all stop sneaking one or two out of the box). May have to make a trip to Macy's this weekend and get some more and hide them in my dresser to have enough to make something for V-day.

Roast chicken sounds good. With lots of sauteed mushrooms. Or maybe ribeyes.

We'll do steak and baked potatoes on Valentine's Day.
Nothing too special. We always celebrate the Saturday after heart day.
We'll go out and have a nice dinner somewhere. I think we've decided on seafood this year.

omarsox said:
:cry: Alone with a fifth of vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too! Bah humbug to vday. :mad:

Actually I think my friend will come over (my only single friend).
I'll make dinner for us and we will watch some chick flicks.

not doing anything on the actual day since doug is still out of town then,but thinking on the weekend we will go for dinner.Our favorite is Greek food and we only eat it a couple times a year so it makes it special.
i do have a nice bottle of white wine...and was thinking of maybe doing some chocolate dipped strawberries,add some candels to the bedroom and the night he gets home it can be kinda special(after the boy is put to bed-hehe)

My plans are finalized!!

I have a Beautiful (really) red headed daughter who's birthday will be Monday the 12th....So daddy will kill two birds with one stone..Take her out to dinner Monday night.( she chose a mostly Italian place)..Mom will bake a cake for dessert back at her place along with gifts..So I will be having dinner with BOTH of my Valentines!!! Ta Daaaaaaaa!

This year I am making steak, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and corn on the cob. We usually go out but since I am more confident in the kitchen, I decided to cook this year and we treat ourselves to steak very seldomly. Nothing too extravegant but perfect for just us.
Everyone's dinner sounds wonderful, I hope things turn out great for y'all!!

Back
Top Bottom