"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #11
Master Chef
We're going to have surf'n turf. I have some lovely ribeye steaks and peeled, deveined, Xtra large shrimp in the freezer, some nice big Yukon Gold potatoes in the pantry that are begging to be baked, and salad fixing's.
Since HB will probably do most of that, I am thinking about some small, very chocolate tidbit that I can make for dessert.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
I just found the kraftfood website and had my bf pick from there. I'm making him

Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 cups hot water 40 medium mushrooms (about 2 lb.), cleaned
2 Tbsp. butter 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix stuffing mix and hot water in large bowl; set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and the garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add to prepared stuffing along with the spinach and cheeses; mix well.
SPOON evenly into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow baking pan.
BAKE 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.

A basic Salad and

Shrimp-in-Love Pasta
4 oz. linguine, uncooked
1 cup cleaned medium fresh shrimp
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
1-1/2 cups torn cleaned spinach

COOK linguine as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp, tomatoes and cream cheese spread; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and mixture is well blended.
DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add spinach; toss lightly. Stir in shrimp mixture.

Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #13
Head Chef
We're gonna have New York strip steaks, baked taters and salad and a nice red wine. Dessert? I'm not sure yet. Amber, I was thinking about creme brulee, too...

I really want some oysters - but there are none around here. I could buy some canned smoked oysters...I've never bought/eaten regular canned oysters. Are they any good? I want fresh ones!
Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #14
Sous Chef
Hubby surprised me with pizza last night so I guess tonight we'll be having the steaks we were supposed to have last night. We all love steak anyway and it'll be an easy night of cooking.
I did decide on a dessert though, Strawberry shortcake!

I don't eat oysters so I'm sorry have no info on the canned ones.
Fresh Cooking From Your Garden
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #15
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I won't be cooking tonight since DH got us some Philipino pancit (sp) and Italian food. I baked some heart shaped fudge brownies, lemon bars and chocolate chip cookies...and chocolate covered strawberries for DH and I. Guess the thawed sirloin and tilapia will have to wait till tomorrow.
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #16
Master Chef
I'd been thinking about a cool chocolate desert for tonight, but I have been hurting a lot, and neither of us needs a whole pie, cake, or anything!

My oldest grandson is a chef for the new Appleby's, and I had him bring us two of these very decadent triple fudge brownie things, and they look and smell divine...Really real fudge sauce. Hey...$5 each for a great dessert, plus $5 tip for the boy. (he would have done it for nothing...) No work for me at all. I like it.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sounds good to me Constance. Enjoy every bite!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:21 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
We are going out with some very dear friends..So I'm sure it will be lot's of fun. I love the place we're going and they have a special menu tonight, now I just need to decide, will it be a grilled rib eye,or filet, or chicken parmesan or eggplant parmesan, or maybe an herb crusted rack of lamb, maybe jumbo shrimp and lingiune with garlic and parsley, or a breaded pork utlet...Hummm, dessert I've laready picked..creme brulee..oink oink
Happy Valentines day friends

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #19
Master Chef
We had the pork chops with onion sauce of kadesma. We had a huge cinnamon roll with a cinnamon crumb top from a place mil went to. It was heavenly!!!
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #20
Master Chef
Shrimp Scampi!! The local grocery store had shrimp on sale. So, I bought a half pound and stuffed myself silly. I also had a tossed green salad on the side with Italian salad dressing. For dessert heart shaped sugar cookie compliments of my mom.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote