Veterans Day Dinner - 11/11/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
It's Veterans Day in the U.S., honoring those who served in the U.S. armed forces. Some other countries remember this as the end of World War 1. Thanks to those who served in our armed forces.

Went to daughter and SIL's for dinner, so I took a paella kit and a salad. Paella kit consisted of sausage, chicken, shrimp, and veggies, all prepped and ready to go into the pan at their house.

Granddaughter just started walking this week, and I had a lot of time to play with her, as dinner was pretty much ready to go.

Last edited:
Happy Veterans Day! I gave my own personal veteran a big hug [emoji847]

And I'm making one of his favorite dinners - pot roast over egg noodles with green beans. I also have rolls made from no-knead bread in the oven.

We call it Remembrance day, here...I went Indian tonight..battered lamb cutlets, dahl, cauliflower,

Attachments

• 46035865_345373372678167_828493105429741568_n.jpg
    46035865_345373372678167_828493105429741568_n.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 148
I made some westphalian dark rye bread, cream and mustard sauce with a couple eggs on top of the bread.

Stuffed red peppers with canned pea pods for DH.
Worked on packaging cheese from the cheese cave to the refrigerator. Parm, camemberts, colby.

Beef and lamb meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a salad.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_53a9.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_53a9.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 137
Went up to my lot today to see how much sun comes through the trees. Looks like if I want to see any sun in winter, most of the trees on the south side will need to come down. :(

Anyway, I got back late and tonight I'm afraid all I'm eating is a couple of hot dogs (blackened under the broiler) in stadium rolls, complete with cheese, onions, ketchup, and mustard. But not relish. I don't like relish.

To any of you who served in the armed services, to any of you who was the support for someone who served, thank you.

Another quick and dirty night for me. Canned clam chowder, doctored with a bit of thyme and sage and canned oysters, and some garlic bread. Nothing like homemade chowder, but it hit the spot!

Another salute to any veteran or family members around here. Dad served, Himself got off...because he didn't pass the hearing test. I can CERTAINLY attest to that! :LOL:

...Canned clam chowder...Nothing like homemade chowder, but it hit the spot!
I used to buy Snow's clam chowder in OH 'cuz that was the best back then. I stumbled upon a little trick that makes clam chowder richer - about a Tbsp of cream cheese stirred into the pot just before serving. Makes it richer, creamier, and with just the right tang.

Nice food photos. I need to post mine directly from my phone again. We had chicken made with a North African flair: chicken chunks, raisins, orange juice, red wine, cinnamon, cloves, and Berbere blend from Penzeys. Served over pastina (because it's way cheaper than couscous) and partnered with broccoli. Spinach salads, too.IMG_20181111_214137998.jpg

Butterflied Pork chop with Southern Fried Apples, Baked sweet Potato and Asparagus...

An "Almost" Pico de Gallo (No Jalapeno's in-house)

Pork Chop - Butterflied.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

Apples, Southern Fried.jpg

Pork Chop, Butterflied, Fried Apples.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom