"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
Senior Cook

We had sloppy joes and chili cheese fries. Very yummy & quick to throw together.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We went out for supper with my best friend, to Casa Grecque. Stirling and I have looked at their "grilled platter for two", but it seemed like too much food. It was the right amount for three people. Four pork medaillons wrapped in bacon, two skewers of large shrimp, two chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, rice, gravy/sauce, melted butter, and lemon wedges. Oh yeah, all you can eat salad bar with good stuff like taramosalata and two house made soups. All of it was yummy, even the chicken breasts were tasty and juicy. Very pleasant evening.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #13
Proud American

I'm still experimenting with American southern cooking. We had fried country ham, grits with bacon bits in it, steamed kale with lemon juice drizzled on it, and baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar on them.

It was very good!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Do I need to sign up for a lessons in German in order to be part of this forum? The Roseta Stone is very expensive.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Well I'm half German and don't speak any! I didn't even realize we had a dinner thread last night until this showed up on top of the page and I actually read who started it and where it was

Last night I had grilled potatoes and ribeye and steamed asparagus.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Sous Chef

>>Do I need to sign up for a lessons in German in order to be part of this forum? The Roseta Stone is very expensive.

only if you want to lob mini-bombs at people.

the Rosetta stone is not only costly, it's real dang heavy. so unless you're prepared to break your neck defending your defense, pass.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
Master Chef

es geht sowohl "was machst du heute" (zu essen?) als auch "was kochst du heute?

It was a little bit confusing to find a german title, I must admit...

I went to the christmas market with some colleagues and had champignons with garlic sauce and later on hot feta in bread ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Geschmorte Lammhaxen (in Rotwein) mit Schwarze Kardamom, Steinpilze dazu. lecker und preiswert!

braised lamb shanks (in red wine) with black cardamom pods. served with ceps fried in butter and garlic. cheap and delicious!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Preto View Post
Geschmorte Lammhaxen (in Rotwein) mit Schwarze Kardamom, Steinpilze dazu. lecker und preiswert!

braised lamb shanks (in red wine) with black cardamom pods. served with ceps fried in butter and garlic. cheap and delicious!
By ceps, if you are talking about porcini mushrooms, they are not cheap in the US, fresh or dried!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
Master Chef

a bit more expensive than champignons, but around this time of the year affordable in G..

If some one wants, I can try to teach German

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote