Wassup for Wednesday, 5/24?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
It is 5:30 and nobody has started this party, so I guess I will.

Sausage sandwich for me, with some german sausage from Woody's Smokehouse in Centerville, Texas.

CD

We had pate and a salumi plate with a red bell sauce for the veges.

qJ0QlMn8CmOEkMMOvOkLEFeoggOaX1y9Mryd_Qgx9n8pX92IB

yQqQJ5kHgkfuRWYb8ns6iMNtv5-JIMveeay6A79g4EEpX92IB

We took TB's sister and her husband to the Pho restaurant in our new neighbourhood for lunch today because they are in town and we haven't seen them since Christmas.

They took a lot of our back patio furniture including two benches (1 storage and the other a true park bench), a storage box, a ton of decorative pots and some landscape ties. So lunch was a thank you as well as for catching up.

I had my usual vegetable tempura. So, I will probably just have a light salad for dinner.

Spaghetti and clams, along with a green salad. I made fresh spaghetti, and bought a pile of fresh littlenecks. Mrs. T was pleased with my dinner selection.

We had BLTs for dinner. Every time I eat a BLT, I can't imagine a better sandwich. So I had two.

Yummy looking plates Med. What kind of a pate' is that? I have 4 duck livers in the freezer and I need to do something with them soon.

Tonight we're just having last night leftover Enchilada's with salads.

Travels on the left side of the country this week. Having dinner at the Marriott in Riverside CA.

Attachments

• Riverside.jpg
    Riverside.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Looks good, medtran. Everyone's dinners sound delicious this evening, as always.

GA, waving to you from a few hours northeast from where you are now. :) Hope you're enjoying your trip to CA! Other than being born in LA, I spent the next 12 years of my life in Riverside County...it looked a little different way back then, though. :ohmy::LOL:

This evening's dinner was an asparagus, mushroom, and spinach omelet. I had those few veggies to use up, and wanted to use them for something quick and easy. I added the last bit of shredded cheddar to the top of the omelet as a last thought - don't think I'll do that again. I like omelets better without cheese.

Once upon a time, I made a slow cooker meal, Tiny French Beans with Smoked Sausage, I could not find flageolet beans, so I used Navy beans. By the time the beans were soft enough to eat, they had turned to mush. Yup, 8 1/2 hours of hard-hard-hard, and then mush. Sheesh.

Flash forward, I found Flageolet beans recently at the middle eastern grocery store. I adapted the above recipe to stove top cooking, soaked the beans, and came out with a much better finished dish. I served the beans-and-sausage with sides of cheese toasts and sauteed Swiss chard with bacon.

No picture since DC said it's too big, even though the file size is smaller than earlier pictures from this week that uploaded. Go figure...

Kayelle, pate was pork and veal. I liked it. Craig loved it. It was small, like 5x3 ish. Only made half the recipe since we had never tried that one before. I had 3 thin slices, he polished off the rest.

Back
Top Bottom