Wed. 10/28/15 menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I froze half the meatloaf I made a couple of weeks ago. That's going to be tonight's dinner along with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.

I'm finally feeling a bit better and started a pot of chili. We'll have that with some biscuits. Cheddar cheese, sour cream and crackers for in the soup.

I was seriously considering Tostadas. Then I said why live dangerously. I'd need a bib for my shirt and a plastic sheet for my lap ! Tacos it is.

Molasses/ bbq sauce style baked beans, leftover boneless pork ribs sliced and diced. Fresh pineapple salsa, Herdez hot sauce to augment and either guacamole or sliced avocado.

Pineapple salsa using this recipe, if I can follow my own directions.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/pulled-pork-stack-help-94128.html

Last edited:
Marinated lamb chop, baked potato, steamed asparagus, salad, french roll, mint jelly. A good lamb steak or chop is getting hard to find in supermarkets now. They're all small, fatty, with almost no meat on them. :(

I looked at lamb in the grocery store today Caslon, and passed them on by. Was hoping to find some nice shoulder chops, but they were puny and fatty.

Dinner this afternoon will be grilled tri tip, not sure of the sides yet. Maybe baked potato, asparagus, and sautéed mushrooms and onions.

Kaula Pork in the crock pot today. We'll have the leftover red bell peppers/cabbage/onions with it, along with steamed rice for the SC. I'm going to attempt cauliflower mash for me and roasted asparagus for both of us.

I have a meatloaf resting from the oven and salads made. DH is finishing the mashed potatoes and making the gravy, which I prepped. GO TEAM!! :LOL:

The last of the beef vegetable soup ( I froze 2/3rs of the soup so it will reappear soon) and heated up some leftover bison burgers and added some red onion and spinach from the garden. We had 22*F this morning and I successfully protected all growing veggies in the garden.

Grilled tri tip and sides for dinner this afternoon, it was delicious. :yum: I overloaded my plate though, and couldn't finish it all. As usual, I got an early start on grilling - dinner was done by 4 and now at a little after 6PM, the kitchen is cleaned and closed for the night. :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 163
Salmon fillet is in the sous vide (seems to be the only way I don't overcook fish). Topped with a little mayo mixed with this great dill dip mix I get from a local dressing company, sprinkled with panko and finished under the broiler. And end-of-the-garden ratatouille... red and yellow cherry tomatoes, Asian eggplants, Italian frying peppers and maybe a Hungarian wax pepper, a leek and a bunch of garlic.

Perfectly hot-pink beef, Cheryl. YUM!

I had plans. Wonderful plans. Then Himself announced that the toilet seat broke. We do have two other bathrooms, but this one is in HIS bathroom, so a run to Lowe's it was. While we were in the neighborhood, I ran into Aldi's to pick up stuff for supper. One loaf of French bread, a block of Kerrygold "Blarney Castle" cheese (I have cheese at home, but this name sounded "cute" so I bought it), a package of smoked turkey breast to go with the cooked ham from the deli near home, and I was closing in on a decent sub sandwich. Assembled, toasted, topped with tomato and lettuce, served up along side a bowl of Progresso soup, and called it supper.

Tomorrow, I cook.

Attachments

• 2015-10-28 20.10.30.jpg
    2015-10-28 20.10.30.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 165
Thank you, Dawg and CG. It was delicious, and I'll enjoy many more meals out of that beautiful tri tip. Gotta say, never before have I seen 4 1/2 lb. tri tips before, even untrimmed. Those guys were huge! I had a slice this morning with a fried egg and toast, saved some out to nibble on for the next few days, and fixin' to portion out and vacuum seal the rest for the freezer.

Your deli sandwich looks so good, CG! :yum:

Grilled tri tip and sides for dinner this afternoon, it was delicious. :yum: I overloaded my plate though, and couldn't finish it all. As usual, I got an early start on grilling - dinner was done by 4 and now at a little after 6PM, the kitchen is cleaned and closed for the night. :)

Wow that looks really good...

Back
Top Bottom