Wed, 11/11/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Steak Pizza.

img_1443542_0_9621206701fdb47a280733a490eb0856.jpg

Spelunked some frozen Tom Kha soup with scallops, along with avocado halves and hot sauce.

Not so great chicken fried steak. My sides were mashed potatoes, rice pilaf and hush puppies.
His sides were coleslaw, french fries and hush puppies. We were at the local fish place.

Yer killin me Joey!! That looks divine!

I have chopped cabbage with onions/itty bitty potatoes in a big skillet seasoned with salt, dill, and white wine, and a ring of Kielbasa cut into sections simmering on the top of all of it, under a lid. I can pick out the itty bitty little white potatoes. Always easy peasy, and delicious.
Childhood comfort food..sigh.

Last edited:
I had a craving for potato skins today, so that's what I made :yum: Green salads on the side. Had a ciabatta roll later.

Attachments

• 1447294294774.jpg
    1447294294774.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 130
Yer killin me Joey!! That looks divine!

I have chopped cabbage with onions/itty bitty potatoes in a big skillet seasoned with salt, dill, and white wine, and a ring of Kielbasa cut into sections simmering on the top of all of it, under a lid. I can pick out the itty bitty little white potatoes. Always easy peasy, and delicious.
Childhood comfort food..sigh.

Add a spoon, and you have dinner. :chef:

img_1443555_0_c1230935aa761d04cf04c07574f1e623.jpg

005.JPG

Kai Lan (Chinese Broccoli, which I like better than regular Broccoli btw, really delicious)
with very thinly sliced Pork, some fresh Ginger and Garlic, a bit of Chicken broth, Soy Sauce, Corn Starch, Black pepper (not necessarily in that order) all stir fried over high heat; served over steamed white rice with the tiniest drizzle of Sesame Oil on top. MMM. I've got a thing for Pork lately :yum:
HAPPY HUMP DAY!

We had tickets to the St Paul Chamber Orchestra ( Mozart +) which necessitated dinner reservations at a downtown Persian grill. Neither of us were in the mood today for lamb or kebabs, unlike when we made reservations a while ago. So two different cuts of steak, salads, veggie kebabs and I had horseradish mash potatoes. Very tasty and the concert was terrific as well.

Lazy today when it came to kitchen duty, so we cleaned up a few leftovers. Himself killed off the last of the lasagna, while I finished up lots of green beans with two small pieces of ham steak. We each had a scoop of peach ice cream in our attempt to clean summer out of the freezer. One more night of ice cream and I'll have an empty spot in the freezer. Yay!

Hawaiian chicken with grilled pineapple. "Best Cauliflower you ever had" from FN and it was very good.
cauliflower.jpg

chicken.jpg

Forgot to take a picture when I plated it :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom