Wed. 2/6/19 What's cookin' good lookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a 3" Rib Eye in the sous vide. I'll be able to stand the cold long enough to sear it off on Wilma tonight, and we'll have loaded spuds and salads.

Simple easy...:yum:

What's on your menu?

I have choir tonight so I picked up chicken Greek salads from a diner on my way home. Huge salads with grilled chicken in Greek herbs, feta, cukes, tomatoes, olives, onions and a lovely Greek dressing with a warm pita bread.

I had a little less than half of a 12 oz. package of surimi in the fridge that I bought on impulse the other day :rolleyes: and needed to use up. I chopped it up, added some diced celery, green onions, a little spinach, and just enough mayo to hold it together. I had a scoop of it over romaine this afternoon. There's a little left, will have it later this evening or tomorrow as a dip with crackers.

I had a little less than half of a 12 oz. package of surimi in the fridge that I bought on impulse the other day :rolleyes: and needed to use up. I chopped it up, added some diced celery, green onions, a little spinach, and just enough mayo to hold it together. I had a scoop of it over romaine this afternoon. There's a little left, will have it later this evening or tomorrow as a dip with crackers.

Cheryl, try it with Cocktail Sauce, MMM!!

DSC00876.jpg

Store-bought sausage ravioli with my homemade sauce. And I have enough leftover for lunch.

I made bachelor surprise. Not a spectacular meal, but lots of veg (which we were both craving) and it's a tasty, one pot meal.

What's "bachelor surprise", taxy?

If I think about it, I begin to get a little scared...

What's "bachelor surprise", taxy?

If I think about it, I begin to get a little scared...
:LOL:
Tonight it was ground beef fried with onions and jalapenos, some frozen "Asian style stir fry" vegis, and rice. All fried in one pan. I always add a bunch of sesame seeds. We serve it with tamari and choice of hot sauces. Basic and simple.

My friend dubbed it "bachelor surprise" because it could be any meat you have in the fridge, already cooked or not, and could be left over veg, could be left over potatoes instead of rice, so it's never exactly the same.

Kielbasa and Pirogi with cabbage..
That looks like a great meal, Roch. I have a "cooking kielbasa"* in the freezer, along with pierogs. All I need is to buy cabbage sometime soon.

I knocked off one grocery store run today. Wanted to shop two, but got out of the house too late to get them both done before weather moved in. Thankfully, we had one more round of leftovers. Himself and I cleaned up the brats and kraut, he finished the mashed potatoes, and braised cabbage - and I had a dish of Greek yogurt with "fresh" cherries I tucked away into our freezer last summer. :yum:

*"cooking kielbasa" - Good enough if you cook it with other ingredients, but not real kielbasa that can stand on its own.

Craig was on the west coast Monday so he picked up some stone crab claws that we had last night with mustard sauce.

That looks like a great meal, Roch. I have a "cooking kielbasa"* in the freezer, along with pierogs. All I need is to buy cabbage sometime soon.

*"cooking kielbasa" - Good enough if you cook it with other ingredients, but not real kielbasa that can stand on its own.
These are fresh smoked Polish sausages..we bring them in our freezer section..

Mom had a Dr appointment yesterday afternoon so we stopped at our favorite Chinese place and got our favorites. Mom had shrimp-fried rice, I got General Tso's Shrimp & shrimp-fried rice combo plate. We split an eggroll and each had a fortune cookie for dessert.

Left-over Chicken in gravy, over Grand's Biscuits, Southern Home-style...

Since I lost my Life Partner last July, these have saved me from ever having to learn how to make 'em from scratch.... My baking skills across the venue are "Pre-School" at best...

Biscuits, Grands Southern .jpg

Chicken & Biscuits.jpg

Back
Top Bottom