Wed 3-2-11 Menu options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a fresh baguette and defrosted some French onion soup I made a week or two ago. Had ab out 4 Oz. of Gruyere for the topping.

I fixed the date for you...today is the 2nd! Don't get lost in time...!!

Today is something light, I'm having a sick day and going back to bed.
Thanks Fi. I do tend to get lost at times. Not working makes it difficult to keep up with how fast time flies!

Hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.

We had grilled cracked pepper coated steaks, baked potatoes, steamed Italian green beans (frozen from last summer's garden), iced tea and the last of the Key lime pound cake. Was a quick and easy dinner because I was gone all day.

Thanks Fi. I do tend to get lost at times. Not working makes it difficult to keep up with how fast time flies!

Hope you feel better soon. It's no fun being sick.

Apparently I wasn't the only one today, found out four floor nurses were sick, too! Norovirus has been making the rounds this winter. Everytime we have it beaten, it makes it's way back. I have to quite hugging my residents and patients.:angel:

The cacciatore turned out great and I was able to cook all the different types of chicken perfectly. The bone-in pieces weren't quite done, but I left them gently simmering in the sauce and will be perfect when DH shows up. Dad and I really enjoyed our "choice cuts" with only one problem... too much food!

i have a crock pot full of chicken chili staying warm for dinner. put thighs in so guess not technically a white chili, lots of diced chilies, onions, white bean, the chicken and some broth. thawed and add two cups whole kernel corn. making corn muffins in a few minutes to go with it. dr. tomorrow in late afternoon, so wanted something easy to heat up. in tasting i may have overdone the red pepper and chili powder so have been waiting so hoping it will mellow out.

gonna take the guy that gives me rides, some, to have for his dinner and a corn muffin or two.

peanut butter cookies i made this afternoon. they are his favorite . so will give him a dozen. he is so nice to take me to the dr. all the time.

183021_1572655605185_1499378782_1197571_8217250_n.jpg

I tried something "wild" tonight. LOL! I had some asparagus that I wanted to steam and decided to try to fancy it up. I crushed a couple of garlic cloves and put it in the steaming water. Steamed the asparagus until just crisp/tender. Then grated lemon peel over, squeezed lemon juice over and sprinkled w/ ground black pepper. Spritzed w/ a bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray. It tasted really good, although I didn't really taste the garlic. Maybe I should have minced or grated it over the asparagus while steaming. Anyway, it was a nice change.

DH did the cooking tonight as I was still not feeling up to par. Boneless pork loin chops, browned and simmered in.....you guessed it mushroom soup ;-). Fluffy white rice and steamed cauliflower. It was all a little "pale", but tasty and I was grateful. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom