Wed 3-2-11 Menu options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I'm doing up some pork chops. Think I'll bake them in some BBQ sauce with baked potatoes and cheesy broccoli tonight.

I fixed the date for you...today is the 2nd! Don't get lost in time...!!

Today is something light, I'm having a sick day and going back to bed.

Still doing evenings so I'll leave something chickeny tonight. Either creamy lemon chicken or a 40 clove chicken type stew will be on the menu tonight.

I'm kind of cranky and trying to take the high road today. I go out of my way to make sure there is a nice hot dinner waiting for my family when I work evenings. It chaps my butt to have to clean up the mess in the morning when I wake up though! (Clean up is the girls job) Grrrr! It makes me want to leave a big pile of nothing prepared, but I'm going to be an adult and stop pouting. I need to go bake something chocolate! ;)

I'm trying to get back on the healthy-eating track after indulging in birthday cake all last week AND being on steroids for a week. So I am going to have a steamed veg (either asparagus or broccolli) and a small baked potato for supper this evening. Have the house to myself so don't need to worry about fixing for anyone else tonight. I have fruit salad if I need anything else.

I picked up some ground turkey and some lemons just now in anticipation of making Koenigsberger Klopse for dinner tonight. I already broke a piece of French bread off last night to get stale, for the crumbs needed. And I just checked and it is stale, lol.

I'm doing chicken cacciatore....three ways! Dad doesn't like bone in chicken (he's not a big poultry fan at all, but likes this dish with chicken breast, DH only likes bone-in skin-on thighs, and I like boneless skinless thighs. Plus, Dad has regular noodles, DH gluten free and I am really trying to eat healthy so will have whole wheat!

The trick will be timing the different meat and pastas. Oh, on top of that, DH may be working overtime. So, I guess I will have to put my restaurant experience back into practice! :chef:

Not sure what else I will have with it yet. I am sure glad I am feeling better and am into cooking again.

I picked up some ground turkey and some lemons just now in anticipation of making Koenigsberger Klopse for dinner tonight. I already broke a piece of French bread off last night to get stale, for the crumbs needed. And I just checked and it is stale, lol.

You have me oh so curious, Pacanis. what is Koenigsberger Klopse? Is it posted somewhere?

You have me oh so curious, Pacanis. what is Koenigsberger Klopse? Is it posted somewhere?

It's posted here, Laurie, in the ethnic section (I think). I posted it when Alix was looking for a sauce recipe for gnocchi or something. The sauce is killer.

I'm not sure.. I am thinking of three different things ....a meatball-stuffing bake, a huge lettuce/spinach salad with mandarin oranges and bacon, pork chops... It will be one of those, I think.

I'm totally doing something different than what I was thinking earlier. I'm making breakfast for dinner.... eggs, bacon, english muffins, and home-fries.

I have chicken breasts marinating in the fridge that we plan to grill.. to go with it, probably some brown rice a salad and some kind of veg.. maybe broccoli or carrots.

We had a sandwich from Subway. But had I known that Barbara was fixing tacos I'd have gone there to eat. lol
Touch my tacos and die! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Can you tell I am starving?! The meat is just about done, and I am ready to inhale them! I will show restraint though and just inhale the first one. LOL

Back
Top Bottom