Wed. Dinner...11/28/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Dreary rainy day, so it's a great time to make a big pot of chicken stock.

I'll be using some of it for chicken and noodles (Grandma's frozen brand) with the usual veggies and some mushrooms too.

What's going on at your house?:chef:

Jeannie finished last nights pork tenderloin and noodles.. I opted for poached eggs and toast..

We will finish the chocolate cake later.. ;)

Ross

I had some very good street-style pork tacos at Cantina Grill at the Denver airport -- and 12-bucks, which isn't bad for airport food.

CD

Kay, we usually get our weather from the southwest, so I think your rain is headed my way. :) The sudden wind that came up may change that, though - it may just blow over.

I made a turkey soup a couple of days ago from Tday leftovers, so I'll finish that off this evening. Sourdough garlic bread on the side. :yum:

cowboy caviar and wasa hearty rye cracker with cream cheese and halved marinaded olives. So good.

I thought I pulled what looked like chili from the freezer. Should have known better. I don't remember making chili lately. Sloppy Joes. Just as yum/ Spooned over baked potatoes. Green beans and spinach salad with sliced strawberries.

Butter beans and corn from the garden. Chicken breast roasted, Bombay potatoes and sweet tatters , cauli in cheese sauce and hollandaise for the chicken.

Russ

Leftovers. Himself had potato, bratwurst, and sauerkraut. I had a piece of sole and about a dozen baby scallops, mac and cheese, asparagus, and a tomato - more for the color than the flavor, although it did taste like a tomato!

Did you make it properly?
I made the traditional and authentic American version using store bought dried noodles. I tried it with fresh pasta from my Philips pasta machine, but the noodles are too thick for my liking. I'm thinking about picking up a pasta roller for the KA for lasagna, cannelloni, etc. The texture of fresh pasta is so much better than dried.

Last Night's Rib Eye, Grilled, a drizzle of Jack Daniels' BBQ Sauce with Field Peas, Green Beans and Boiled Sweet Potato with a Butterworth Drizzle...
and a simple salad.

Salad, Simple.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

I made the traditional and authentic American version using store bought dried noodles. I tried it with fresh pasta from my Philips pasta machine, but the noodles are too thick for my liking. I'm thinking about picking up a pasta roller for the KA for lasagna, cannelloni, etc. The texture of fresh pasta is so much better than dried.

I was just kidding around, basically. When I think of lasagna, I always think of Garfield. :LOL:

I use dry pasta when I make lasagna, too. To me, fresh pasta is more worth the time and effort in more delicate dishes. Lasagna is more of a "blue collar" comfort food, IMHO.

CD

Back
Top Bottom