Wed, dinner plans Nov 7/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Just watched the Discovery Channel show "Just cook this" with Sam the cooking guy.
Discovery Health :: Sam Zien
Since I have all this, I'll make it tonight. Looks easy and good, I'll even grill on the GF the romaine lettuce with the bacon and parm cheese on top as the salad, looks good too.
A huge drink for the man, herb tea for me.
How about what anyone else is making.

Tonight the Julia Child "Coq au Vin" I made Monday will be doing an encore performance, but instead of the whole wheat egg noodles & green salad that accompanied it Monday, tonight I'll be serving it with mashed potatoes (to help take advantage of all that terrific winey sauce), & some plain buttered broccoli. Probably another green salad as well.

Ooooooooooo coq au vin! That sounds yummy. Dang, I've just put some beef out to thaw.

I think tonight I'm going to try some new stuff from a cookbook that has had nothing but hits in it. Its called teriyaki unkabobs. I'll see how they go.

i was supposed to make the ahi tuna and teryaki sirloin steak, but we nixed that for sushi/sashimi combo platters, sake temaki, salads, and gyoza.

so, tonight will be seared ahi, then grilled teryaki marinated topsirloin steak, peppers, and onions. also, i'll probably be grilling some bone in chicken thighs and breasts.

oh, and it's 4th avenue. much classier neighborhood, i guess. ;)
elfie, did you ever post that recipe. i found the link to the competition, but not the recipe.

Last edited:
What recipe buckytom? I'm drooling here and I'm thinking I might change my dinner if there is a recipe posted for something that sounds yummy.

remember when elfie was in a recipe competition? her entry was "4th avenue tuna tatare".

my "6th street monkfish" just ain't cutting it.:chef:

Riiiiiiiight! Totally forgot about that. OK, I guess that means I stick with the recipe I have. Phooey. LOL, can you tell I don't feel creative on my own today?

Taking a hunk of meat , sliceing it super thin, then letting it marinate in soy, garlic, a little evoo,onion,ketchup,brown sugar a touch of wine.Then will toss it into a very hot skillet or wok, when done mix it with some already sauted mushrooms and then place it on warm buttered french rolls, add some dressed lettuce with onions, some mashed avocado and away we go..DH loves these and we aim to please:LOL: Making some baked apples as well...Now I want to go find some type of rum or sweet white sauce to go over the baked apples...
kadesma;)

Yellow curry and coconut cream sauce with shrimp, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and thai peppers served over sushi rice.

The weather has finally cooled down to where this is the first day I've turned on the heat. I was thinking about clam chowder & a tortelinni salad with w Ranch dressing, tomatoes & homemade croutons; but, with the dishes mentioned here with coconut milk, I may make a Thai shrimp stir fry with jasmine rice. (Still have the coconut milk sauce frozen from a few months ago.) Fruit salad, if I have room.

Taking a hunk of meat , sliceing it super thin, then letting it marinate in soy, garlic, a little evoo,onion,ketchup,brown sugar a touch of wine.Then will toss it into a very hot skillet or wok, when done mix it with some already sauted mushrooms and then place it on warm buttered french rolls, add some dressed lettuce with onions, some mashed avocado and away we go..DH loves these and we aim to please:LOL: Making some baked apples as well...Now I want to go find some type of rum or sweet white sauce to go over the baked apples...
kadesma;)
Never mind my meal, I'm going ^^^here!:LOL:

That reminds me, the day before surgery I went to TJMaxx. I bought too much stuff, bamboo drawer liners, shoes, mirror, frames and a WOK.
I can't read it cause the instructions are written in Swedish or something, but hoping to find that product online and maybe there is an English translation for me to know how to season it or whatever.
$9.99 though and very sturdy looking/feeling, can't wait to try it with a stir fry of some sort.

Braised short ribs (DH's favorite) done with beef stock, whole grain dijon, pinot and tomato paste, scalloped potatoes with caramelized onions and bacon, and roasted plum tomatoes with marjoram for the side. I think my appetite is back.

lol lefse, a swedish wok? talk about fusion recipes. gravlax chow fun...:sick:
maybe it's from Switzerland, that way, it's neutral, doesn't go either way. that's it, I'm going to grab it and see if it says, Made here....one moment.
gad this thing weighs more than a moose. Oh, okay, well I was close, it's German, but since I can't read this, it may not be a wok, it may be a tuba for all I know...:huh:
Die Vielseitige. Schlemmerpfanne mit clean, Diamantglasur rezepte fur die kochstar schlemmerpfanne nit clean diamantglasur wir gratullieren ihnen zum kauf der schlemmerpfanne aus dem hause kochstar, sie haben viel freude an dieser pfanne, wenn sie folgende punkte beachten

chicken fried chicken .. mashed potatoes .. country gravy ..
green beans ..

I "think" we are finally into cold weather foods. Had a really, really hard frost last night. Tonight I have a big pot of minestrone soup goin'. Not sure what else we'll have with, but we will have some kind of pineapple cake a friend gave us yesterday.

Man, oh man, working an election can be fattening. There were only 4 of us working the precinct and you'd have thought we were having a potluck meal. It was a long day, but we passed the time flapping our gums and catching up on stuff.

I went out to dinner with my mum last night. We started with sundried tomato bread and a bottle of semillon sauvignon blanc which was very tasty. Mum then had a bowl of potato and leek soup, while I had seasoned squid pieces on salad with aioli and orange segments - very yum. For mains, mum had fillet mingnon on a garlic croute with veges and I had cotton duck with mushroom risotto and veges. So full still!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom