Wed. Feb 19, 2014 Eats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Tonight I tried a new frozen fish dish. I am not that adept at fish recipes so thought I would try this one. It was mahi mahi with macadamia nut crust. It was easy to cook. Bake it and eat it. I liked it. We had brown rice with butter and parmasean cheese along with salads. Nice supper.

What did you have?

Hey jab, looks like a lot of us are eating late tonight. Yours sounds good.

Within the past week someone in one of the threads mentioned a one-pan supper of fried onions, hot dog slices, and potato chunks seasoned with pepper and paprika. Well that is exactly what I had bought the hot dogs for last Saturday! I promised Himself I would make it almost a week ago...and that's what we had today. Enough sodium to salt half the roads in town, but it was yummy nevertheless. :yum:

Had microwavable Indian: Punjab eggplant and Bengal potatoes, from Tasty Bite, with brown basmati rice. That eggplant dish was really good. The potatoes were good too.

Last edited:
Sloppy Jose's followed by a 4 p.m. siesta. I knew that was a mistake because now I am wide awake at the wrong end of the evening.

I did a small brined pork loin. After seasoning it with Herbs de Provence and browning it in a skillet I removed it and sauted sliced mushrooms and shallots. De glazed the pan with Madeira, reducing it, added some flour and chicken stock for a gravy. I added the browned loin back to the skillet with potato wedges, basting all with the gravy. Then I covered it and put it into a 400 degree oven till the loin registered 150 degrees, about 35 minutes. I served it with oven roasted asparagus.
:chef:

nicely seasoned baked chicken, au gratin potatoes, black bean goo, baked sweet potatoes with cranberry raspberry topping, mixed green salad with avocado and candied walnuts, assorted beers and wines and peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips

It was the community monthly potluck..

Yesterday's ham dinner was just a little rich for my healing belly. So tonight I had a chicken salad sandwich and some corn chips. TB had chicken with Greek salad and some herb garlic toast (on gluten free bread of course).

Back
Top Bottom