Wed. Jan. 18 What's On The Table Mabel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis said:
I'll bet you are... :LOL:
It's dinner! :clap:
It's this

I think I'll make a BLT to go along with it here shortly. I bought 5 lbs of bacon yesterday for 1.39/lb and want to turn it over to quality control so I know what I can use it for :chef:

BTW, CW, do you have your cabbage roll soup recipe posted here anywhere? I'd love to give that a go sometime.

Whew, Pac, I was afraid it might be another bowl of gravy.

We know you can write, unless you use Dragon Dictate to post. DC will take up a collection and send you a Sharpie....

Little Smokies...are you going to get yourself a Sharpie so you can mark things next time???:LOL:

I've got plenty of Sharpies. If I marked anything with them they would run out... eventually. :angel:
The way I figure it, if I took the time to freeze it, it's food ;)

My bad of the Louisiana Lil Smokies. There were Smokies in there alright, but my guess is it was an impromptu gumbo. There was rice and chicken and shrimp and crawfish tails and green stuff and red stuff :ermm: Still undecided what the red and green veggies were, but I'm hoping I wrote notes somewhere on whatever this was I just ate. It was Deelicious. I doubt it though :(

We know you can write, unless you use Dragon Dictate to post. DC will take up a collection and send you a Sharpie....

I would prefer a brownie :yum:

pacanis said:
I would prefer a brownie :yum:

So how are you gonna mark your containers with a brownie? The crumbs will freeze and fall off, and you will be in the same predicament.

Of course, we all DO look forward to Pac's Mystery Meals....

You guys are weird. Send me your addy pacanis and I'll send you the best brownies you ever ate.

I want Uncle Bob's dinner. UB, was that homemade wine? Got any pics?

Oh yeah, our dinner was Monte Cristo's and homemade turkey noodle soup. Its still colder than the hinges of Hell around here so soup is it!

It was my first time braising short ribs. Came out pretty good, not quite as fall off the bone as I would have liked, but pretty darn good.

I will definitely make them again, just cook em a little longer

Last edited:
One of the best clam chowders I ever made and I used fat free milk for the dairy.

On Edit: Can't forget the awesome sourdough bread and butter to go with (store bought)

Last edited:
Last night's dinner was so good, I had it again. Red Beans over Rice and Salad.

The inspiration for the cabbage roll soup was:

Cabbage Roll Soup - Foodland Ontario

I used 8 oz ground chicken instead of ground pork
4 c sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
2 c cooked wild rice (3/4 c wild rice, 1/4 c white, celery)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
24 oz frozen tomatoes
2 "cubes" frozen homemade tomato paste
1/4 c dehydrated tomatoes
4 c turkey stock + 1 c beef stock + 3 c chicken stock

Otherwise, I followed the recipe <g>. I did would not add any salt if using sauerkraut. I ended up adding 2 T sugar to combat the saltiness and about 2 c water. It is going to be a long day in the City today. I think I'll have a big bowl of it before I embark on the journey to the City.

Back
Top Bottom