Wed. Jan. 18 What's On The Table Mabel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My 5 year-old grandson and I are making pepperoni pizza for lunch. The oven is hot and the dough is ready.

SO and I will have another pizza for dinner tonight. A cold beer will make a good side dish (for me, not the grandson).

It's just me tonight so mostly just a snack. I had leftover chili for lunch that my boss made for me. She makes awesome chili, better than any I have ever made. She is a dump and go cook so she has no real recipe.

We're going out for a sort of happy hour with friends who live out in the country. If we're full after, that will be that, if not, we'll probably stop for a pizza somewhere.

Boneless ribs in the crockpot and cornbread, not sure what veggies at the moment

Dinner plan today is season floured pan fried chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, corn and acorn squash. Vinegar and sugar spiced and sliced english cuke with coriander seeds. I hope those 2 chix breast halves leave enough bits and flavor to make some gravy. Coriander has a totally different flavor than cilantro even though they are from the same plant and a tsp added makes a quick and easy refrigerator pickle. That's the plan. So far I've sliced the cucumber and am in need of a nap. Also talked with the DxW on the phone for 3 hours as neither of us feel like going out in the cold today, maybe that's what wore me out. :LOL:

I'm hoping some red stuff I have in a container thaws in time so I know if it is dinner or not.

Home made Blackberry Wine......
I just put on a pot of peas.(pink-eyes) with a little bacon and tasso....
Gonna fry up some center cut pork chops.....
Prolly cook up some cabbage.....
A pone of corn bread for sure....
A Couple of Musgoes....
Chocolate Ice Cream........

This is what lunch looked like. With a little luck, dinner will look as good.

Attachments

• DSC02319.jpg
    DSC02319.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 162
Swiss steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, and whatever vegetable I decide on while poking around in the freezer. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom