Wed. Supper plans. 10/5/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f13/zuppa-toscana-92039.html
is the plan here for tonight. We love this soup and this time I'll add dried porcini mushrooms and a can of fire roasted tomatoes to the rest of the mix. I'll also use a can of Cannellini beans instead of potato for lower net carbs.:yum: I always use Kale.
We made up a batch of Cheddar Bay Biscuits for the freezer, so the SousChef will have one or two with his soup.

What are you thinking for Supper?:chef:

I have beef, onion, and potatoes already in the crock pot for a stew for supper. Yesterday I went to the store and bought strawberries (already gone, unfortunately), and for dessert tonight, frozen blueberries and/or frozen peach slices.

Two hot hard boiled eggs, mmmm. Strawberries with sour cream and splenda. Later some cooked up kimchi.

Tuna salad is interesting me. DH's cousin is coming by for a visit later tonight, driving cross-country, west to east coast. Otherwise he'll get chili. Hope he likes it hot. The jalapenos I used will make your eyes cross.

Sweet Italian sausages are going on the grill, then landing in some marinara with sauteed green peppers and onions. All of this will be served over some fresh fettuccine I made a few days ago. Green salad on the side.

Mmmm.....Zuppa Toscana....sounds delicious, Kay. It's finally cooling off enough here to have it again. Not really something I've been wanting to have when it's triple digits. :)

Meatball sandwiches also sound good, Andy. Love them. RR's stew sounds delightful, too. Need to make a big pot of stew soon. Everyone's dinners sound good. :yum:

Like Roadfix, I was pulled in by the tuna thread, too. :) I think I'll make a tuna melt on rye for dinner, maybe with a couple of dill pickles for a side.

Well, what do you know? We're having leftovers! :LOL: And a salad. Maybe a dessert-ish thing later at night. I have fresh pineapple in the fridge that is being ignored, so I'll saute it with some butter and brown sugar and put it on top of ice cream.

Salads and ice cream. The things we don't usually have once the weather turns cold. Have to strike while the temperature is...warm.

After two days straight of doctor's appointments, I'm whupped. Thank heavens for leftovers. The meal was even better leftover. The spices really advanced themselves. Tomorrow will begin with a clean slate and something new.

Chiles Poblanos stuffed with Monterrey Jack then topped with a bit of warmed salsa and guacamole of the side.

Mmm...that sounds good, Liz. Did you batter and fry the poblanos as in chiles rellenos, or roast and stuff them un-battered?

Puts me in the mood for a Mexican feast. :yum:

Last edited:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f13/zuppa-toscana-92039.html
is the plan here for tonight. We love this soup and this time I'll add dried porcini mushrooms and a can of fire roasted tomatoes to the rest of the mix. I'll also use a can of Cannellini beans instead of potato for lower net carbs.:yum: I always use Kale.
We made up a batch of Cheddar Bay Biscuits for the freezer, so the SousChef will have one or two with his soup.

What are you thinking for Supper?:chef:

Golly, all the flavors hit the spot even though it's not really soup weather here yet. I really like the fire roasted tomatoes, and Porcini mushrooms added. :yum:
img_1482903_0_b04340b6d64bd22fbba42725b46160c5.jpg

Golly, all the flavors hit the spot even though it's not really soup weather here yet. I really like the fire roasted tomatoes, and Porcini mushrooms added. :yum:
img_1482905_0_b04340b6d64bd22fbba42725b46160c5.jpg

ohmigosh K! I'm so making it this way from now on, and shhh don't tell DH, he may even like it ;)
vera cruz style fish.jpg
[file photo]
I'm making Cod Vera Cruz Style and sent a plate up to Mrs Landlord, Mister Landlord doesn't care for any fish, oh well too bad, more for me! There's a Portuguese phrase that my grandmother always said, but I don't know how to translate it... basically it was in ... mush fe ka ... maybe some one here speaks Portuguese ???

OMGosh, great pics of great dinners, Kay and kgirl. :yum:

I said upthread that I was going to have a tuna melt. Changed my mind and had breakfast for dinner instead. :LOL: :yum:

Attachments

• scrambled eggs, peppers and potatoes.jpg
    scrambled eggs, peppers and potatoes.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 95
I made creamy chicken poblano soup tonight - thanks for the inspiration, Cooking Goddess!

I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. I combined a few ideas I found online and added some ingredients from the fridge that needed to be used, so if I were to make it again, it would probably not be exactly the same ;) But we both enjoyed it.

Attachments

• 1475725398487.jpg
    1475725398487.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 94
I went all out tonight. :chef:

Apps: bacon covered dates
Salad: arugala with goat cheese, walnuts and grapes, served with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Main: Chicken cooked in milk, rice pilaf
Dessert: homemade spice cake with mascapone ginger icing!

Yes, I was a very busy :pig: today! Oink. Oink.

I made creamy chicken poblano soup tonight - thanks for the inspiration, Cooking Goddess!

I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested. I combined a few ideas I found online and added some ingredients from the fridge that needed to be used, so if I were to make it again, it would probably not be exactly the same ;) But we both enjoyed it.

I'd love to have that recipe GG!! It looks delicious!! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom