Wednesday, 1/19/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
At the moment it's mushroom tomato sauce (maybe with green olives also) served over spinach tagliatelle and steamed baby spinach.

You?

Last night, I made egg noodles with Alfredo sauce to which I added a couple of tablespoons of sherry for a Newburg kind of taste, and heated up some imitation Krab with a 2/3 stick of margarine and a few drops of 1/3 less sodium soy sauce with a sprinkle of Dill. It wasn't very good, which I why I didn't post it.

This morning I had a bowl left over from last night that I nuked adding a tiny bit of water. It was delicious! The added moisture made a definite difference in the texture and I mixed in the Krab instead of leaving it on top.

I had two containers of the Alfredo noodles that I put in the freezer, plus another 1/2# of Krab, so I'm thawing one of the containers and the rest of the Krab for a replay of how it tasted this morning for my dinner tonight.:chef:

I think I'll take it a step further tonight and put it in a casserole and bake it to add a crunch to the top.

Last edited:
I have no idea what I will eat tonight. My usual Wednesday night alone.:) I have a plethora of leftovers to choose from so will throw something together from that.

Attachments

• chimichito2.jpg
    chimichito2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 178
I really like that Sam.....he's great for showing that anybody can cook. He comes up with great stuff too.

Heading to the grocery so let you know when I get back about dinner.;)

We are going to have left over deer stew. I am going to go with some barley to drop in it tonight.

Thanks. I make a lot of Sam's stuff. His pasta puttanesca, Mediterranean wraps (only I use fish instead of chicken), feta stuffed lamb burgers... I like his cooking style. Right down to his dogs in the kitchen ;)
Who would know that FitTV would have a show on that I liked :LOL: Too bad he didn't do more.

I'll probably do something with some of the partially thawed food from my freezer. When I get in there to load up the new one, I'll figure out what needs to be used up and do something with that.

I bought a frozen pizza I'll jazz up a bit. I don't think it has enough carbs for hubby, so I'll have to add something else.

It was...2 diced and sauteed chicken breast.....A huge amount of Baby Bok Choy, A big bag of baby bella shrooms, the last of a head of Nappa, chicken stock, salt, pepper, and garlic all thrown in a wok with a little p-nut oil and tossed around until ready! ~~ Served with rice. Don't know what you call it ...except darn good!!! ~~ Chocolate Ice cream in a little while........

Mushroom tomato sauce over spinach tagliatelle topped with fresh grated Romano & parmesan cheeses and steamed & buttered baby spinach.

img_961335_0_591b81f61505b3441e26819bf0083445.jpg

Fresh quartered mushroom caps, fresh parsley, fresh garlic & onion sautéed in EVOO. Plain tomato sauce, ground red pepper flakes, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, thyme, rosemary & burgundy wine added and simmered for 15 minutes.

img_961335_1_0e2a92c44eeb7012e7d11230a9e5bdce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom